37

Previously on Pure Happiness

Klaus looked up and stared into her beautiful green eyes. They both looked at each other's lips. He stepped closer as their lips parted and they both inched closer. Their lips gently touched and sent a flow of electricity throughout their bodies. Their lips then moved together rhythmically as they kissed and sparks were felt. It was gentle but Beth had never felt a more passionate kiss in her life.

~~~

Last night's actions replayed in her mind and Beth couldn't help but bring her fingertips to her lips as she remembered the sensation she had felt last night and the taste of his lips.  The strawberry blonde drew a breath and shook off her thoughts.

She had not yet managed to get out of bed. At first, she had thought that it had all been a dream, well she had actually hoped but it had all happened. It was overwhelming just think about what her friends would say. But as much as she tried she couldn't stop thinking about the Original Hybrid.

Her efforts to think about anything else led her out of bed and into the shower. Afterward, she quickly changed and blow-dried her hair before she let it down with its natural waves. She wasn't sure what she was going to do because she hadn't talked to her friends since she had helped them with Rebekah. Elena had told her the story of what the original had said but that was the last time they had talked. Caroline had been very busy with Tyler these past days so she wasn't much of an option and Bonnie... she didn't think she could face her right now. If there's one person who would take what happened last night badly, it would be her. Klaus had almost killed her at the decade dance and then almost died to kill him during the sacrifice. Bonnie would react badly to finding out that she had kissed the man she had repeatedly tried to kill. So instead of calling her friends, she decided to just head for the grill.

Once she arrived, she saw that both Elena and Damon were there. She instinctively walked towards the two. Damon had just managed to get hit a bullseye as she approached them.

"Unbelievable!" Elena exclaimed.

"What's wrong?" Beth asked.

"I'm worried about Jeremy."

"But why? He lost his job at the Grill. He can survive, Elena," Damon declared.

"He is spiraling. Ever since Bonnie broke up with him, he's moody, he's not really talking to anyone."

"I'm sure he's fine, Elena. Well, as fine as he can get," Beth said.

"What do you mean?"

"Our lives are all really weird. The things we see and deal with aren't exactly typical. You can't expect Jeremy to be so worried about his job or even a relationship when something is always threatening us. Give him time," the strawberry blonde reasoned.

"I've given him time," the doppelganger stated with a huff before she walked off.

Beth then turned to Damon who was retrieving a dart from the dartboard and was very obviously drunk. "Hey... are you okay? I saw what happened yesterday."

"What makes you think I'm not okay?" Damon asked.

"You have your least attractive look on."