60

Previously on Pure Happiness

"Go on a date with me."

"You're serious? We've talked about this. We tried. It didn't work."

"One date won't harm anyone."

"Fine."

~~~

After Elena had spoken with Stefan, she called her best friend and explained all that had happened. The couple had broken up because Elena had admitted her feelings for the older Salvatore. She filled her in on all that Damon had told her about a potential cure for vampirism that everyone was now hellbent on finding.

Th next day, Elena and Beth made their way towards Caroline, who stood by a table on her phone. Since they had been contestants of the Miss Mystic Falls pageant, they were helping their friend set up for this year's pageant.

"Look, I got to go. Be careful. And remember, there is sublimating, and then there is insanity," the blonde said into the phone before hanging up.

"Stefan?" Beth mouthed behind Elena, to which Caroline gave a subtle nod to.

"So anything you want to talk about, Elena?" She asked.

Their doe eyed friend sighed before letting her know that she and Stefan had broken up as she and Beth arranged flowers into vases.

"Look, I'm your best friend, and I would never pick sides, but are you sure that this is what you want? Because Stefan is your soul mate."

"Not helping, Care," Beth chimed.

"Sorry, picking sides."

"It's not like I don't love Stefan anymore, but I can't deny that ever since I turned, my feelings for Damon have become more intense."

"Yeah, I know. Stefan filled me in on all the gory Damon details."

"He did? Is he okay?"

"No, he's heartbroken."

"Well, what was I supposed to do? Lie to him?"

"No, but you weren't supposed to let Damon weasel his way into your confused newbie vampire heart."

"Well, he did, and that's exactly what I am. Confused. I need to figure out what these feelings actually mean."

"I, for one, think that it's good you're being honest with yourself and Stefan. Just be careful because I know you don't want to hurt him," Beth stated.

Before either of her friends could react, a man with dark curly hair approached the group.

"Excuse me, I'm a little lost. I'm here to interview contestants," he said.

"You're Professor Shane," Elena declared.

"Ahh, you're the one who's been stealing Bonnie away," Beth joked.

The man chuckled and said, "Yeah, that's right. Professor, by day; pageant judge by other day. In spite of being absurdly unqualified, I'm apparently awarding a scholarship."