43

Previously on Pure Happiness

"I know that I'm young but I've been through enough to know who I am," she said before Klaus spun her and she landed in the arms of another.

"Clarke. I haven't talked to you in a while," Beth smiled.

~~~

After the dance, Beth had wandered outside where she had found beautiful horses. She smiled and gently ran her hand through the horse's mane.

"You like horses?" Klaus asked as he approached the strawberry blonde.

"Are there people who don't?"

"Unfortunately, yes."

"Well, I don't understand those people."

"You know, horses are the opposite of people. They're loyal," Klaus stated.

"People can be loyal too."

"Most are not."

"That's very pessimistic of you. If you truly believe that, you must not have met many of the good people out there."

"Or you haven't met many bad people."

"Some would argue you are one of those 'bad people' people Klaus," Beth stated and as the hybrid heard those words, hurt could be seen in his eyes. "But I don't think that there are actual bad people in this world. The term villain is extremely subjective. The villain in one story could be the hero in theirs."

"Am I the villian in your story?" Klaus asked.

"No."

"Who is?"

"There isn't a villain in my story."

"There's a villain in every story," The hybrid said.

"I don't have a story. I'm not living a fairy tale. I have an actual real life where things are not so black and white. Maybe one day in the future, I'll die and someone will tell a story about me and find someone to label a villain. But as of now, in real life I refuse to do that," Beth spoke.

"Why?"

"I told you. Things are not so black and white. Labeling people villains or bad isn't fair. There aren't bad people. There are just people who make more bad choices than others."

"That's one way to look at it."

"It's the only way I can look at it."

"You are like no other person I have ever met," he said mesmerized by the young girl.

"I am wise beyond my years," she chuckled.

"That you are," he smiled, "Come on, let me show you something."

~~~

"Wait, are these all yours?" Beth asked as she looked around the room full of paintings and sketches.

"Yes. It's one of my passions."

"They're all beautiful, Klaus."

"Not quite as beautiful as you," he smirked.

"Well, the dress helped," she chuckled.

"It's definitely not the dress that makes you beautiful," Klaus said as he looked into her green eyes.

"Then out of curiosity, what does?"

"You are incredibly intelligent, wise, strong, optimistic, caring, selfless," he stated before adding, "and it doesn't hurt that you look dazzling in that dress."

"You know, you're not so bad yourself."

"Your friends would beg to differ," Klaus scoffed. "As would many others."

"Because you've only allowed them to see the part of you that makes them believe that and they don't let themselves question why you do the things you do."

"And you have?"

"Questioned why? Yes," she nodded.

"What have you come up with?"

"You're hurt. You lash out at people because of it. You can never trust people. You shut them out and because of it, you feel alone. But it doesnt have to be that way. You just have to let people in. Let them see the good in you," Beth stated as she looked in the hybrids icy blue eyes.

"Like what?" He questioned.

"You are incredibly strong, protective over those you care about, daring, spontaneous, and the most determined person I have ever met. Probably that I'll ever meet," Beth spoke with complete sincerity.

Klaus looked straight into her eyes as he moved closer to her and cupped her cheek with his hand. In a second, their lips touched. They kissed passionately until Klaus pulled away stunning the strawberry blonde.

"The boy you danced with," Klaus started.

"Clarke?" She questioned before he nodded. "What about him?"

"You like him?"

"Klaus... where is the coming from?"

"Do you have feelings for him?"

"No, I don't have feelings for him! He's a good guy. He's nice, charismatic, funny and maybe if things were different, maybe I would."

"What things?"

"If my feelings for you weren't this intense. If I wasn't drawn to you like I've never been drawn to anyone else in my life. I couldn't have feelings for him when I feel this way about you," she exclaimed before Klaus placed a small, sweet kiss on her lips once again.

"He would be the better option for you, Beth."

"There is no option, Klaus!"

"I'm not good for you!" He exclaimed as his eyes became glassy.

"Why bother inviting me, if you believe that? Why bother dragging this along if you were going to do this?!" She yelled in frustration.

"I'm sorry, Beth."

"It's not your place to decide that for me. I decide what's good for me and what's bad for me. But if you don't want me here, that's your decision. So tell me Klaus, do you want me here?" She asked as she inched closer once more.

"Of course I want you here," he said before the banshee kissed him and this time neither pulled away. They kissed hungrily before the hybrid sped them to his bedroom.

~~~

Next Time on Pure Happiness

"Where did you go last night?"