46

Previously on Pure Happiness

"You're killing her!" Klaus screamed before trying to speed into pentagram only to be pushed back by the force of Esther's pentagram. He felt useless as he stared at the girl being drained of all her energy and magic.

"Well, that should be enough," Esther stated before letting go of the young strawberry blonde. Once she let go, Beth let out one last whimper and everything went black.

~~~

Beth's eyes blinked open as light began to enter them. The first face she saw was Klaus's. He smiled a genuine smile that warmed her entire being.

"Beth. You're awake," He said kissing her. Beth leaned in giving in to her desire.

"What happened? It doesn't matter I'm just happy you're okay. I thought I was gonna lose you," she whimpered so relieved she almost didn't notice. When suddenly she did. It was silent and her face grew worried.

"I can't hear anything," a confused Beth muttered.

"What do you mean?"

"The voices in my head."

"Well maybe that's a good sign. No one's dying."

"No. You don't understand. The whispers. They're silent. They're not there at all."

"What does that mean?"

"I'm free," she said and a tear ran down her cheek. But a loud yell rattled her away from her happiness.

"Sisters! Do not abandon me!" Esther yelled bringing Beth right back to where she had been before. She had never been free not of the voices and not of all the obstacles that lie in the way of her and Niklaus.

Once she looked around, she saw exactly what was going on. The fire on torches surrounding them had grown and Esther was losing power. Kol, Elijah and Niklaus were shielding themselves from the flames and when they went down, Esther and Finn had disappeared.

But Klaus did not care. In that moment, all he cared about was Beth. She slowly tried to sit up but before she could try herself, Klaus had rushed to her helping her sit.

"Are you okay?" He asked but it didn't feel like the right thing to say. He couldn't think of anything that could make this better. His own mother had almost killed her.

Beth gave a simple nodd before she spoke, "yes." Then she hugged him. She wanted him close and that's all she could think of.

Kol and Elijah slowly approached them afraid to interrupt their embrace. Beth saw and stood along with Klaus.

"I have no idea what just happened or what part my friends played in this," she stated.

"We are aware Beth," said Elijah while Kol nodded before he embraced the girl himself. Klaus hid his jealousy but not very well.

"Relax, we're friends!" Kol jerked trying to muster up a laugh but the night had been a tough one for all of them.

"How did you guys stop it?" Beth asked still attempting to get back to normal but the whispers she thought she was rid of were louder than ever.