62

Previously on Pure on Happiness

"Tyler, what is this? I don't mean to act like I know better because I don't, but just be careful. I just don't think it's going to end well. You need to let this go."

"Don't tell me what I need to do, Beth. I have people depending on me, and I won't fail them. But now I know who's side you're on," he stated before walking off and away from the strawberry blonde.

~~~

The previous night had been a rough one. Threatened and tortured by hybrids could really dappen a Friday night. The morning brought in an intense pressure in her chest she knew to be a warning. However, the strawberry blonde could not yet tell what the warning was or who it was for. All she wanted to do was feel better. And somewhere along in that mission, she had made her way to an all familiar mansion in town. She stepped out of her car and made her way down a long entrance where a certain hybrid had already been expecting her.

"Beth, what are you doing here?" Klaus Mikaelson asked with a small smile playing on his lips.

"Honestly? I don't really know," she nodded as she walked into the room where the hybrid had just set down a paint brush.

"Curious."

"But I do have a question for you."

"And what would that be, love?"

"Why wouldn't you tell me about Elena's sire bond?"

"I assumed you would figure it out, and wouldn't you know it, I was right."

"How long did you know?"

"I suspected it for a while now, but the pageant day pretty much confirmed it," he nodded, but as silence began to fill the room, his expression grew more serious. "Why are you here, Beth? I know it couldn't be to ask about Elena."

"No, like I said, I don't know. I'm sorry I shouldn't be here," she shook her head, and she turned towards the exit, but when she did, she was met face to face with the hybrid.

"You're leaving?"

"I shouldn't be here," she repeated.

"Maybe this is exactly where you should be," he said in a serious tone, and his eyes flickered towards her lips.

"I- I like your painting," she turned away from him and towards his art instead.

"Looks like a giant snowflake," Stefan interrupted as he made his way towards them.

"I prefer to think of it as an expression of post-modernism," Niklaus sighed, annoyed at both the interruption and the misinterpreted painting.

"Stefan, hi," Beth greeted, and Stefan simply nodded his head.

"It's my donation to the winter wonderland charity event," the original declared just as Adrian the hybrid Beth had met the previous night walked in. Beth scooted a little closer to Klaus as the memory of being stabbed by the hybrids friend entered her mind. The original took note of her reaction and stepped in front of her.