12

Previously on Pure Happiness

"Oh my god, Damon. What did you do?" Beth asked in complete shock.

"What I had to."

~~~

"What you had to?!" Stefan yelled angrily. "You didn't have to do anything!"

"I saved her life," Damon said as he turned to look at Elena, "You're so bent on dying, at least this way I know you'll come back."

"As a vampire! She'll come back as a vampire!"

"It's better than nothing else."

"How could you, of all people, take that choice away from her?" Stefan asked his brother as Beth went over to the crying brunette on the floor.

"Hey, hey. You're going to be okay," she said pulling Elena into a hug as she shook her head furiously as they tried to drown out the yelling in the room but it was impossible.

"Stefan!" Elena yelled as she saw Stefan rushing over to Damon. The raven haired vampire was quick to grab a wooden stick before pushing his brother into the wall.

"Damon! Stop!" Beth yelled out but it was no use. It was like his rage wouldn't let him hear.

"Admit it. You just wished you had the balls to do it yourself," he spat before Stefan got out of his grip and punched him continously making him fall on the ground. So Damon with his face stained with blood grabbed the wooden stick and plunged it into his brother's abdomen.

Elena quickly went over to her boyfriend pushing Damon out of the way before she yelled, "Get out of here!"

"What the hell is going on here?" Alaric asked.

"Just get him out of here!" Elena yelled as she stayed next to Stefan.

"Oh my god," Jenna gasped as Alaric went over to Damon. He tried to grab him but was pushed by the vampire before he left on his own.

"Jenna there are blood bags in the basement can you please get a couple. Please," Beth said which Jenna quickly left, to do. But Beth went down stairs as well. Not to follow Jenna but to follow Damon. She knew that what he had done was wrong but she also knew that he was hurting. So when Jenna went off to the basement Beth headed for the library where she assumed Damon would be.

As she walked closer, Elijah's voice was heard, "She'll never forgive you. And never for a vampire... it's a very long time."

"I'm sorry, Elijah. But you're wrong," Beth said as she entered the room. "Elena will forgive Damon. She will," she said turning to look at Damon.

"What makes you say that?"

"I know her," she said. "Plus, Elena won't turn. I know it."

Elijah looked confused but didn't bother saying anything else as he grabbed his things and left. "How do you know?" Damon asked the Strawberry Blonde after the Original had left.

"It's a feeling."

"Are you saying she's not going to die?"

"No, I'm sorry. But that's not what I'm saying. All I know is that she won't turn."

"Is she going to die?" He asked desperately.

"I can't tell," she said trying to understand the voices in her head but as much as she tried she just couldn't. It was all murmuring.

"I need a drink," Damon said after a moment of silence, trying to ignore the guilt he was feeling.

"You can't drink your way out of your problems," Beth called out.

"Doesn't mean I'm not gonna try," Damon yelled out as he left before closing the door. Beth sighed before she decided to go after him. Once she was out of the house, Damon was no longer there. So she got in her car and headed for the Grill.

She arrived right as he went in and that was when she noticed Alaric had come too. He was getting out of his car just as she was, so they both went in. They went over to the bar where Damon had just ordered.

"I'll have the same," Alaric said to the bartender. Just then Brett, one of the waiters went over to Beth.

"What can I get you Beth?"

"I'm good, thanks," she said with a small smile.

"So when are you gonna accept my date suggestion?" He smirked which made her chuckle a bit despite of the situation at hand.

"I think they want to order," she said pointing over at one of tables. He simply chuckled before going over to the table leaving her with Damon and Alaric who hadn't said anything because of the boy that had just left.

"I screwed up," Damon finally said drawing the attention back to himself.

"Yeah. Yeah, you did," Alaric agreed.

"Yeah," Damon repeated as Beth remained quiet.

"Gentlemen, Beth. Why so glum?" A British accent was heard behind them. So they all turned around to meet the man behind the voice. There was no doubt he was handsome.

"Klaus?" Beth asked even though she was sure she knew the answer to her question.

"That's right, Love," he spoke with his melodic accent. Beth studied his eyes as she drowned out what Damon was saying. She saw a hint of loneliness in Klaus' blue eyes as he talked. But when Klaus turned to look at the Strawberry blonde all he saw was light.

~~~

Next time on Pure Happiness

"I'm not going to let you do this on your own, Damon," Beth said.

"Yes you are."

"You can't compell me. You tried that when we first met and it didn't work. So no I'm not leaving you."

"Please," he begged.

~~~

Author's Note

I hoped you guys liked the update. Don't forget to vote and comment ❤