35

Previously on Pure Happiness

"Everyone deserves a chance."

"You are so innocent. He will ruin you."
---
"Do you want to go to homecoming with me?"

"Pick me up at 7."

~~~

Beth stood looking at the mirror to check her outfit and hair. Her strawberry blonde hair was pulled into a fish tail braid that perfectly fell onto her shoulder. She wore a red lacy dress with an open back and black heels.

At exactly 7, The doorbell was heard throughout Beth's house. The strawberry blonde chuckled a little as she looked over at the time and opened the door.

"You're very punctual."

"It's not everyday you go to a dance with Beth Midnight," he laughed.

"Right... but we're not really going to a dance anymore. Apparently the gym was flooded so the party got moved to Tyler's," Beth informed.

"Huh. Talk about a modern homecoming," Andrew spoke.

"Well come on, let's go," the strawberry blonde said as she grabbed her bag. The boy moved out of the way and let her pass and close the door before he followed behind.

~~~

It was an understantement to say that the Lockwood Mansion was crowded. There were swarms of people everywhere including the back yard where a live band was playing. As the two teenagers entered the house, Caroline spotted them. "Do you see this? How is it possible that Tyler threw a better party than us so fast?"

"At least we still have a dance," Beth reasoned.

"Yeah but... he even got a band to play!" Caroline exclaimed.

"We'll have fun. Now stop being petty and enjoy the dance."

"But," she finally stopped talking when she noticed Andrew standing behind the strawberry blonde. "Right, no yeah you're right. Bye," she said before sending the girl a smile and walking off.

"Caroline's intense," he spoke.

"Yeah, she always has been," Beth chuckled.

"Right... so do you want to go outside and dance?"

"Sure, come on."

The two headed outside where crowds of people were dancing to the band's music. As they danced along, something caught the strawberry blonde's attention. Klaus Mikaelson stood talking with Stefan. It seemed like the hybrid had felt her green eyes on him because he looked up and for a second, her eyes connected with his blue ones, that was until Beth looked down.

Klaus walked away from Stefan and towards the girl with the beautiful strawberry blonde hair. He smirked when he saw the boy that she was dancing with. "Andrew, would you mind if I cut it?" He questioned as he approached the two.

"Of course not, Klaus," he said but before he could leave Beth grabbed his arm.

"You two know each other?"