33

Previously on Pure Happiness

"Mikael."

"Mikael... Mikael as in, the vampire hunter who knows how to kill Klaus."

"Yep. I now like to call him Papa Original."

~~~

Beth stood over the desk next to Alaric examining the pictures of the carvings they had just seen.

"These images tell a story... to learn the story you have to decipher these images," Alaric told the strawberry blonde as Damon easily disarmed the doppelganger as he helped her with the combat training.

"Sloppy!" Damon exclaimed.

"Shut up! I'm new at this," Elena huffed in annoyance.

"The ghost of Christmas past, Mason Lockwood, said that the cave would lead us to a weapon that could kill Klaus," Damon announced as he continued combating the doppelganger.

The vampire's words made the strawberry blonde shift uncomfortably. She really didn't want to be there or hear her friends have this conversation. It hurt her.

"Yeah, but doesn't Mikael have a weapon?" Elena questioned as she continued to lose the battle due to Damon's strength.

"Yes, which probably means the wall will lead us to Mikael, who we've already found... and lost," Damon adds as he overpowers the brunette once again and takes the stake from her hand, "Bang! You're dead."

Damon went on to mockingly nibble on the girl's neck before she playfully pushed him way with a laugh and walked towards Alaric's desk.

"These images, at the very least, might tell us what that weapon is," Alaric announces hopefully.

"Then all we have to do is find out what they mean," Elena points out.

"It's a bit more complicated than that, Elena," Beth chuckled. "But yeah."

Damon scoffed, "Well, fine. Fine. If I'm being irritatingly optimistic like you two. How do you suppose we do that?

"Well, if the story's about the original family living here, then we go straight to the source."

"Right, okay. Good luck with that, I have to go, guys. I have a lot of homework," Beth announced as she grabbed her things and headed for the door.

"Homework?" Damon scoffed.

"Wait, Beth. I need your help. Rebekah won't help me, not without you. You have to come with me."

"Seriously, Elena, I have a lot to do, I'm sure you'll do fine on your own," the strawberry blonde noted before she moved to open the door for the second time but was stopped by once again.

"Hey! What's wrong?" Elena questioned with furrowed brows. "You haven't really been acting like yourself all morning."

"I'm just busy. I'm trying to keep my As," she shrugged.

"Didn't you find out that you're gonna be immortal? You have an eternity to graduate high school," Damon pointed out in sensitively.