21

Previously on Pure Happiness

Silence began to surround them, until it was interrupted by a snarling hybrid. It pounced right onto Beth and quickly bit into her throat. Klaus was quick to speed over to it, and knock it off the screaming girl, but it had still taken enough blood to leave her unconscious.

~~~

Beth blinked her eyes open, as she felt a thick, metallic tasting liquid run down her throat. She coughed, as she bolted upright. After a moment, the memories of what had happened reappeared as she started looking around the camp.

"Beth, are you okay?"

"Huh?" She said looking over to the voice's owner. She stared at the hybrid for a moment before finally reacting, "Uh, yeah, I... I'm fine."

"Good," Klaus muttered as she began to stand up.

"Thank you," Beth said, before embracing the hybrid into a hug. Klaus was taken back by her action but finally after a few seconds, he put his arms around her waist, hugging her back.

"Well, I wasn't going to let you die," he said as they stepped back.

"I know," she said with a small smile. "And I'm sorry."

"For?"

"I know it was hard for you to do what you did to the hybrids," Beth explained softly.

"Yeah, well I should have listened to you from the start. This should teach me not to ignore a banshee when it comes to death," Klaus chuckled.

"You don't have to put a strong front you know. It wouldn't make you weak, if you didn't."

Klaus stayed silent for a moment before he finally spoke, revealing his glassy eyes, "The ones I didn't kill, died... they bled out. They're all dead."

"I know and I'm sorry."

"I did everything I was told," he yelled out angrily but truthfully, it more sadness and disappointment than anger. He regained his composure, when he noticed the strawberry blonde flinch at his anger, "I should be able to turn them. I broke the curse. I killed a werewolf. I killed a vampire. I killed the doppelganger."

Beth suddenly shifted uncomfortably, but the hybrid didn't notice as he just shook his head with a humorless chuckle. "I'm sorry. You'll figure this out," Beth said hugging the hybrid once more. They finally backed away when they heard Stefan clear his throat to get their attention. Once the two had separated he dropped Ray's body down to the floor.

"You look like hell," Klaus pointed out, shrugging off the previous moment.

"Last I checked I'm dying... and you won't heal me."

"What? Ray bit you? And nobody cared enough to tell me?" Beth asked turning to look at both men.

"I had to take him out," Stefan said referring to Ray as he ignored the banshee's questions. "I didn't have a choice. I failed you. I'm sorry. Do what you have to do."

"They're all dead, anyway. Every single one of them. It should have worked," Klaus muttered as he grabbed a glass bottle from the ground, biting into his hand, before pouring his blood into it. "Bottoms up," he said handing Stefan the bottle. "It appears you two are the only comrades I have left."

Stefan gave Beth a pointed look as he drank the blood out the bottle before throwing it aside. "What was that?" He asked after Klaus had started walking away.

"What was what?" Beth asked, furrowing her brows.

"That little moment you had with Klaus."

"It was a hug, Stefan. A hug," she chuckled. "What's wrong with that?"

"Do I have to remind you what he did? Because you seem to want to befriend the guy!"

"And what if I did! I choose my friends Stefan, not you. He's made mistakes, but so has everybody else... including you," she exclaimed before walking off in Klaus' direction.

~~~

Next time on Pure Happiness

"Who are you?" The blonde asked the strawberry blonde.

"I'm Beth. You must be Rebekah."

~~~

Author's Note

I know, super short update, but I just wanted to end this episode because I'm not really sure why I didn't add this to the last update. But the next chapter will be long once again. I really liked writing this last Beth & Stefan scene, because Beth finally stood up for herself. And that was the closest thing Beth's had to an outburst in 21 chapters. Anyway don't forget to vote!

Question: Do you think Beth needs to start having more moments when she stands up for herself and what she believes?

P.S. I'm super excited for Beth to meet Rebekah and I hope you guys are too. By the way Kleth is now the official ship name for Klaus and Beth.

Much Love,

Natalie