54

Previously on Pure Happiness

"How can I see you? I thought I was supposed to be alone?" She questioned.

"Because I'm like you, and I'm here to give you a choice," she smiled.

"Yes."

~~~

Beth woke in complete darkness with no air to breathe in a coffin. She began hitting the top of it. Pounding it with all her strength, which she had significantly more of now. With a few hits, the wood of the coffin broke, but the dirt began to pile in.

She had to dig herself out of the grave her friend had made. With the very little oxygen she had left, she dug with her hands as much as he could before she passed out.

Once she woke a second time, she did it all over again. Digging as much as she could before she died of asphyxiation. This would continue to happen for what felt like an eternity until she felt air hit her hand as she stretched up. She was so close that all she had to do was keep digging.

So she did. She pushed as hard as she could until she managed to bring her body up from the ground. By the time she had managed to do this, it was almost dark out again. It had been nearly two days since her initial death.

She had died and came back several times, but she had finally made it. She looked down at her body. She was covered in dirt in a blood-soaked dress. The pins and headband she had in her hair were now gone stuck somewhere in the loose dirt of her grave.

The skin under all that dirt was flawless. Not a single blemish or scar in sight. It had all healed. There was a new feeling moving throughout her body. A fire, power, that she hadn't felt before. She felt stronger.

The whispers in her head were now clear. So much so that she could decipher every word. She now knew what they were. The voices she heard were from every banshee that came before her.

It wasn't long before she understood that Alaric had completed his transition and Klaus was in trouble.

She hurried through the woods and into town, trying to find the nearest payphone. It wasn't long before she did, and she called the only person she could think of. Elijah Mikaelson.

"I need your help," she said before he had any opportunity to speak.

"Beth?" He questioned, "I had been told you were dead."

"I was. But that's not important right now. They have Klaus, Elijah. Stefan and Damon. His body is desiccated, and I don't think they have any good plans for it."

"I'll take care of it," He spoke with determination.

"Not without me."

"Very well. I will be on my way to pay a visit to Elena. I suggest you look for Rebekah. She should be home."

"Okay."

"And Beth? I'm really glad you're okay."

"Thank you."

Beth ran all the way to the Mikaelson Mansion without breaking a sweat. It wasn't at vampire speed, but she got there and was met with the blonde original.