39

Previously on Pure Happiness

"There is no good in him, Beth. He tried to get Jeremy killed today and almost got you killed in the process!"

~~~

"I'm fine, Dad. I promise," Beth spoke as her dad stood over her hospital bed.

"There is no possible way that you're okay. Have you seen your chart?"

"Miracles happen," she smiled but before her father could respond the door swung open and Klaus Mikaelson entered the room.

"Excuse me. Who are you?"

"I'm a friend of your daughter. Now I was hoping you would give us a chance to talk."

There was no doubt the hybrid had used compulsion because her father left without another word.

"You didn't have to compel him," Beth mentioned as she sat up.

"Didn't want to take any chances."

"What are you doing here?" she asked as her brow slightly arched.

"I came to apologize."

"Apologize?"

"I am so sorry that this happened to you. It wasn't my intention."

"I know it wasn't. But what was? To kill Jeremy. I've known him all my life. We grew up together. He was actually my first crush and while that may be over now, he's important to me. So while you didn't hesitate to send your hybrid to kill him, I didn't hesitate to save him. What were you trying to do?"

"I needed to send a message to Elena."

"That's your explanation?" Beth asked with frustration in her every word.

"I don't need to explain myself to you!" the hybrid stated as his blue eyes became glassy.

"Don't do that again because I know that a part of you does care about what I think or you just wouldn't be here. Damon and Elena told you the truth in the morning. Stefan hasn't kept in touch and Jeremy had absolutely nothing to do with whatever your problem is with him!

I know that you can be so different. I know that your humanity is on and that you do have good in you because I've seen that side of you but until you stop being so... impulsive and hurting my friends... I--I don't want you in my life. So please... just leave."

The hybrid did not say another word before he sped out of the room leaving a teary-eyed strawberry-blonde behind.

~~~ 

"I had heard you had gotten hit pretty hard. How are you here?" Lindsay, a girl from the cheer squad, asked.

"It really wasn't that bad and I really couldn't miss Caroline's birthday," Beth smiled.

"Well, thank God, you're okay. We were all worried."

"Thank you," she nodded before walking towards her friends who were decorating Caroline's locker.