26

Previously on Pure Happiness

"Klaus, killing her will not help anyone. It won't make you feel better and it won't make your hybrids a success! But if you let her go, I will help you, make sure everyone cooperates with finding a solution to your problem."

~~~

"If we had the necklace it would make things a whole lot easier for your witch, but since we're doing this the hard way, let's put a clock on it, shall we?" Klaus asked with a smirk to which Beth furrowed her eyebrows at his words. He then put on the clock and a large buzz was heard when the number appeared on it as Klaus went over to Stefan and compelled him, "Twenty minutes. If Bonnie hasn't found a solution by then, I want you to feed again. Only this time, I want you to feed on Elena. You know you want to."

"Klaus don't do this to him," Beth said pleadingly but the hybrid completely ignored her and the doppelganger's protests as well.

"No one leaves. If she tries to leave fracture her spine," Klaus shrugged. "Let's go, Beth," the hybrid called out as Rebekah and himself began walking off.

"No. I'm staying here," she protested with a shake of her head which made the originals stop in their tracks. Klaus turned back with an irritated expression on his face.

"It isn't up for debate," he announced before he forcibly pulled the girl away along with him leaving the compelled vampire and the doppelganger on their own.

~~~

Beth had felt someone die but it was like what happened with Jeremy, they had come back. It was a little hard to figure out who it had been because Beth had been counting every minute since Klaus had started the timer, but after a bit she realized it was Matt. But she didn't worry because she knew he was fine, there would consequences to cheating death, but he was alive and that was all that mattered.

Seventeen minutes had passed since tbe timer started but Beth had been stuck in a classroom where Caroline, Rebekah, and an unconscious Tyler were so she couldn't leave to do something to help her other friends and although she knew no one died she had a bad feeling about how things would end. Beth was suddenly brought out of her thoughts when Tyler breathed in harshly as he woke.

"What happened? Where am I?" Tyler asked.

"Tyler," Caroline breathed out trying to find the words to explain the situation.

"Don't be shy about it," Rebekah told the girl.

"What's going on?" Tyler questioned.

"Klaus is turning you into a vanpire. A hybrid. You're in transition," Caroline answered.

"Don't leave out the hard part, Sweets," the original mocked.

"Rebekah, stop. This isn't a game," Beth said and a glint of guilt appeared for a second on the girls face before she turned away. "Tyler, it's a little more complicated than that. Klaus hasn't been able to successfully create a hybrid, they end up dying... but you'll be fine, you'll be the first."

"And you know this for a fact?" Tyler asked hoping that she would answer with a yes and a sigh of relief escaped his lips when she nodded.

A while later Klaus burst into the classroom with his signature smirk on his face, "Well, the verdict's in. The Original witch says the doppelganger should be dead."