55

Previously on Pure Happiness

Alaric ignored their screams and cries. He plunged the stake into the hybrid's heart.

"No. No, no, no, no. Ric, Ric! You are not dead. You are not dead," he said as he cradled his friend in his arms, shaking him. But the attempts were futile. Alaric's body desiccated right in his arms.

"She's in transition."

~~~

In an attempt to survive an attack on his life, Niklaus Mikaelson managed to strike a deal with the young Bennett witch and his first successful hybrid. Bonnie had agreed to move his essence into Tyler Lockwood's body in order to protect her friends who had been sired by his bloodline.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" He asked rhetorically as he entered the Lockwood cellar and saw Bonnie looking at his desiccated body. The words were not ones of arrogance but more so appreciation as he did not think he would get to see it again.

"What is that doing here, Klaus? The deal we made with Tyler was that you'd leave his body and jump into someone else's the first chance you got."

"Yes, when I assumed I'd be a pile of ash. But apparently, fate and oxygen intervened, and there I am," he said, approaching his body, "Put me back."

"I can't right now."

"Your history teacher outed Tyler and Caroline to the Council. They're on a war path, and this body's vulnerable," the hybrid stated.

"I have to help Elena before she has to feed."

"Elena's dead and no longer my concern."

"You're forgetting who just saved your life," the witch declared, but the hybrid scoffed and grabbed her by her neck.

"You're forgetting that I could rip your tongue out. Now put me back," Klaus demanded.

"Beth's alive, Klaus," Bonnie sputtered out. Klaus's eyes widened at the news before he released his grip on the witch.

"You're lying!"

"I'm not. She's alive. And she would want you to give me a chance to save Elena."

"Beth would be smarter than to believe she can be helped."

"Maybe but even then. If I can keep Elena human, you'll still have an endless blood supply to make your hybrids. Isn't that what you really want?" She questioned.

"Same rules apply. No one knows. No one. Do you understand me, Bonnie? Not even, Beth. Not yet."

Truth be told, he couldn't care less about hybrids in that moment. She was all he could think about, but until he was back in his body and could protect her appropriately, he knew it would be safer to stay away.

~~~

Beth knew for a fact that Elena was dead, and by the end of the day, she would be a vampire. There was nothing they could do. Not even Bonnie, but her friends had hope, and she couldn't find it in herself to kill it.