16

Previously on Pure Happiness

"Now that I think about it, you could be quite useful. With your death senser and what not," Klaus said to the girl in front of him. "After all, that is why I had to stick you in the tomb, the night of the sacrifice. You could have warned your friends. And I just couldn't have that."

~~~

Stefan was still in pain and on the floor, but the strawberry blonde had crouched down with him. She was trying to help him get his strength back. As she tried, they watched the hybrid across the room pour himself a glass of blood.

Klaus then approached the two and crouched down to speak to the vampire. "I heard about this one vampire, crazy bloke, always on and off the wagon for decades. When he was off, he was magnificent. 1917, he went into Monterrey and wiped out an entire migrant village... a true ripper. Sound familiar?" Klaus asked with a smirk.

Beth breathed out as she saw Stefan's expression when he heard the story. The guilt still appeared in his eyes despite the fact that it had happened almost one hundred years ago.

"I haven't been that way in a very long time," Stefan finally said.

"Well, that's the vampire I can make a deal with. That is the kind of talent that I can use when I leave this town," Klaus added which resulted in the younger vampire to stand.

"Katerina, come here," Klaus demanded so the doppelganger quickly did as she told and approached the Original. Right then he grabbed her bare arm, before the veins under his eyes, and his fangs protruded. He then bit into the vampire's arm leaving his werewolf venom in her arm.

"Aah! Aah! No. No... no. No," Katherine cried in panic before the strawberry blonde went over to her, and grabbed her arm so she could no longer see the wound.

"Calm down, Katherine. You'll be fine, calm down. This isn't his way of killing you, let him continue," the young girl said leaving the doppelganger confused but a lot calmer than before and a very intrigued hybrid with a smirk playing on his lips.

"Beth is quite right, I must admit," Klaus chuckled before biting into his wrist and forcing the curly haired vampire to drink his blood. And once she did, the wound quickly disappeared, leaving no trace that could prove that the bite was ever there.

"You want the cure, there it is," Klaus announced.

"Your blood is the cure," Stefan breathed out in realization but the strawberry blonde was not stunned by the news at all.

"You gotta love mother nature. Now... let's talk, you and I," Klaus said as he grabbed Stefan's shoulder. Beth had a really bad feeling about what Klaus would ask in return for the cure, but she knew for a fact that Stefan would accept the deal no matter what was proposed. So she stayed back, hoping that this wouldn't go as bad as her head was telling her it would.

Klaus then proceeded and grabbed a knife before cutting his hand open and letting the crimson red liquid collect into a small bottle. "There it is. You want two want to save Damon? How 'bout a decade-long bender? And I have big plans for you when we leave this town," Klaus said as he showed the two the vial of his blood.

"A decade? I'll be twenty seven by then. Not to mention I won't be able to graduate," Beth said with furrowed brows. She really wasn't sure if the hybrid was serious about taking her along too.