51

Previously on Pure Happiness

"I'm done being on your side, Stefan. Bring the other two stakes," Beth demanded.

~~~

Beth had been sitting on Klaus's bed on the 2nd floor of his Mansion, waiting for him. She couldn't believe all that had happened that day even after having to retell the story to the originals. She was lost in a daze and didn't even notice when Klaus walked in.

"Are you okay, love?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm okay. I'm just in shock. I kept trying to warn them that they wouldn't get what they wanted by trying to kill you guys. They didn't listen, and instead, Stefan kept me prisoner all day in his basement."

"I'd offer to kill him, but I know you'd deny me," he joked.

Beth laughed before her expression became serious, "How can you joke when there's a weapon out there that could kill you or one of your siblings and their entire Sire line."

"You have a way of silencing all my problems," he said as he sat with her on the bed.

The two looked at each other as a comfortable silence filled the room. Beth could tell how genuine his words were, and it stunned her.

"I feel the same way," she finally responded.

Klaus wanted nothing more than to ask her to leave with him. He wanted her to say yes right then and there, but the words of Bonnie and his sister rang in his ears. She wouldn't forgive what he did to Bonnie. She wouldn't forgive him if he took Elena and used her to make hybrids.

He was afraid of her rejection.

He was also afraid to hide his wrongdoings from her. She would find out either way.

"I may have done something you won't approve of," he said, breaking the silence.

"Don't you always."

"I may have threatened Jeremy Gilbert's life... again," Klaus admitted and continued as he saw the girl's eyes widen, "He's okay, but I did have Kol watch him so I could get Bonnie to perform the unlinking spell for me."

"And if she hadn't done it? Would you have told Kol to kill him?" She asked.

Klaus sat silent, afraid to tell her the truth, but said, "Yes."

"Of course," she huffed and stood from the bed.

Klaus grew angry as she started heading towards the door. "You already knew! You spent months with me. You know me. I do what must be done!" He yelled.

"You're Klaus Mikaelson! You could have found a different witch one that you didn't have to threaten with the life of my friend."

"Bonnie Bennett's line helped my mother link us. She was the most obvious choice."

"You seem to think that everything you do is justified that there is nothing wrong with what you do."

"So what now? You try to 'fix' me?"

"I never wanted to fix you, Klaus! You were never a project to me," she huffed.