10

Previously on Pure Happiness

"A war between the species?" Elena asked with confusion.

"The vampires," he started.

"And the werewolves," Beth breathed out in realization.

~~~

"So Klaus' real father was from a werewolf bloodline? What does that make Klaus? A werewolf or a vampire?"

"He's both, isn't he?" Beth asked adding to Elena's question.

"Yes. A hybrid would be deadlier than any werewolf or vampire. Nature would not stand for such an imbalance of power. Therefore, the witches, the servants of nature, saw to it that my brother's werewolf side become dormant."

"That's the curse Klaus wants to break?" Elena asked.

"He wants to trigger that part of him that's a werewolf. If allowed, Klaus would sire his own bloodline. He'd build his own race. Endangering not just vampires, but everyone," Elijah clarified and Beth found herself excusing Klaus' behavior as he did.

All she could think was that, he just wanted to be what he really was. Klaus wanted to become what he was always meant to be. He wanted back what was unfairly taken from him a thousand years ago and he felt that this was the only way to do it because no one had left him any other alternative.

"We have the dagger now. We can stop him," Elena said bringing Beth out of her thoughts.

"When a werewolf is wounded by silver, it heals. An original can't be killed by anything but white oak ash on a silver dagger. So you see the conundrum. The dagger does not work," Elijah explained.

"What are you saying, that Klaus can't be killed?" Elena continued to question as Beth simply listened wishing she would have just ended up in the Salvatore boarding house instead.

"There's one way to kill any supernatural species... at the hands of the servants of nature, themselves."

"A witch," Elena said aloud.

"If they can chanel that much power," Beth added thinking about her friend worried of the consequences it could bring her if Bonnie did attack Klaus. "They would die," she muttered.

"The curse must be broken during the full moon. When Klaus is in transition. That's when he'll be at his most vulnerable. A witch with enough power... can kill Klaus."

"What if I told you that I knew a witch that could chanel that much power?" Elena asked the Original.

"Then, I should tell you that there is one more thing that you should know."

"You found a way to save the doppelganger?" Beth asked after Elijah had finished his story.

"I did. Unfortunately, Katerina took matters into her own hands first. I believe both of you, already know how that played out," Elijah said. Beth could hear the disappointment that laced his words and the pain that swam in his eyes as the woman's name came out of his lips.

"You cared about, Katherine, didn't you?" Beth asked.

"It's a common mistake, I'm told. And one I won't make again," he said looking over at Elena before he handed her, her jacket. So Elena grabbed her jacket and went ahead of the two.