Chapter 27

He's still not coming back.

Pabalik-balik ang paglakad niya sa sala habang hinihintay ang pagbalik ni Magnus but it has been half an hour, still no signs of him.

What just happened? Wala naman siyang naalala na may nagawa siyang ikinagalit nito. He just appeared earlier, steal a potential worker, and then he's mad.

And why did he left? Binaling ba nito sa ibang babae ang init sa katawa? He better not be.

But he's still not here! So...there might be a chance?

Sa isiping 'yon ay padabog na naglakad siya patungo sa pinto. She went out of their suite and start looking for him. Ni hindi nga niya alam kung saan siya magsimulang maghanap.

"Good evening, Mrs. Sebastian." A bell boy greeted her when she passed by him.

Napatigil siya at lumingon dito.

"Have you seen Magnus Sebastian?" She asked.

"I saw him earlier outside." Sagot nito.

Tinanguan niya ang lalaki at naglakad ulit. Tinungo niya ang elevator at pinindot ang lobby. Pagkalabas niya ay agad niyang tinungo ang labasan.

It's already dark outside. May ibang turista pero kunti lang. It's one of the most expensive resort here in Maldives. And the view is surely breathtaking.

Binaybay niya ang puting buhangin. The moonlight is so bright that the resort opted to turn of the torch lights for them to appreciate of the moon.

Moon...

'You think you're the moon because the sun cannot chase you? You'll only show up when the sun is down. Like how you don't want to be with me.' He remembered Magnus' words before.

He thinks she's the moon. But she always wanted to be the Sun. Shines brighter than the moon and always appreciated. Unlike the moon that seems to only shine without the sun.

"What are you doing here?" Magnus' cold voice asked her from behind.

Hindi niya napansin na napatigil na pala siya sa paglalakad habang naka harap sa karagatan.

"I should be the one asking you that, Magnus." Malamig na sagot niya dito.

Umihip ang malamig na hangin. She felt Magnus getting closer. Closer that she already felt his hard chest on her back. Ang mainit at nakakakiliti nitong hininga at ramdam niya sa kanyang tenga. And it's giving her body a weird sensation.

"Why are you mad earlier?" She asked coldly breaking the silence.

"Do you have a crush on Lucas?" He asked instead.

Agad na kumunot ang noo niya at hinarap ang binata. Kalmado na ang itsura nito but his eyes can't lie. There's still storm in there.

"Que barbaridad, Sebastian!" She gasped in surprise and disgust.

His lips form into grim line, neverminding her reaction.

"Why did you hire him that fast, then?  I know you, Hera. You won't hire an employee that fast. You'll keenly observed and investigate them but that guy...you just hire him in a second!" He spat angrily.

Napaawang ang labi niya sa gulat sa sinabi nito. She doesn't know what to react because what he said is not true but somehow he pin point details that prove his claim true.

"Y...you're saying nonsense." She hissed.

He smirked without humor. Bakas rin ang panunuya sa ngisi nito.

"You don't do usually handshake if it's not important people, Hera. If I didn't caught Lucas' handshake fast, tatanggapin mo 'yon." Dagdag pa nito.

She sighed heavily and massage her head. Of course, tatanggapin niya 'yon! Mrs. Furadan is a close business partner, also they are family friend kaya napakabastos kung hindi niya tatanggapin ang pakikipagkamay ni Lucas.