Chapter 56

She keep on glancing with Magnus who's busy playing with Aresun in the sofa. Their son keeps on giggling. Nakakapanibago sa pandinig dahil hindi naman palatawa ang anak. Seems like he's been waiting for his father, huh?

Nang lingunin siya ni Magnus ay mabilis siyang umiwas ng tingin.

She can't still believe it. Her husband is alive. Sa sobrang hindi pagkapaniwala niya ay nagamit niya ang phone na tinaguan niya ng maigi sa closet. She searched all about him. On how he really died on 1:43 am but miraculously his heart starts beating again after few minutes.

What if she didn't left? Will they be together now?

Or maybe she can't still face him. Because until now, she's still blamimg herself, she still can forgive that she's the reason of Magnus' misfortune. When they got married, his old building was burned, he got shot twice, he lost his Empire and he almost lost his life.

She always think highly of herself but after realizing what she have done to Magnus, pakiramdam niya ay wala na siyang mukhang maihaharap dito.

He survived. She's so happy that he's alive, but she would be really selfish if she keep him once again. What if he was given another life but not to continue what they had? Paano kung ang pangalawang pagkakataon nitong mabuhay ay hindi para sa kanya kung hindi para baguhin ang desisyon nito sa buhay?

Her heart ached with her own thoughts.

"I'll start doing my job, Ma'am." Pormal ang malamig na boses ni Magnus na nagpapaalam sa kanya.

When she glance at him, hindi na nito karga si Arenus. Their son was placed on the crib, already sleeping soundly.

Napatikhim siya at tipid na tumango.

"O-okay."

Tumitig pa sandali si Magnus sa kanya pero hindi niya man lang masalubong ang mata nito.

Magnus left, doon niya lang naalalang huminga. She released a deep breathe and can't help to think with the situation with her husband again.

Babalik ba sila sa dating gawi? Forget about the year being away and be back in a snap? That they will live happilu ever after now? That's what she keep on dreaming before, Magnus will be back and they'll be finally happy.

Pero bakit na nagkatotoo ay mahirap pa ring magdesisyon? She thought it would be easy to just kiss and make up but it wasn't. Until now, nanatiling nakasunod ang konsensya at paninisi sa sarili.

Magnus is a good man. Clearly, she doesn't deserve him.

Pagkatapos niyang magluto ng meryenda ay napagdesisyunan niyang lumabas. Aresun is still sleeping soundly. Nais lang niya rin na masilip si Magnus.

And she wasn't disappointed with the sight. Magnus is riding a horse. He look like a hot cow boy.

He skillfully stop the horse, swabeng bumaba ito habang bitbit ang mga damo. He walk towards the cow and feed it with the grass he was holding. Kahit na nasa kalayuan ito ay klaro niya ang maliit na ngiti sa labi nito.

Magnus wants a life in farm, or more like a peaceful life. If she had give him that life sooner, would that tragedy even happen?

Her she go again, blaming herself for the nth time.

"Hello, Ma'am!" Bati ni Jan sa may kalayuan at kinawayan siya.

Ngumiti siya pabalik at kumaway, lalo pa't bumati din sina Angie.

"There's snacks inside! You should eat first!" Sigaw niya pabalik para madinig siya ng mga ito.

They just nodded.