Chapter 58

She can't sleep.

Nanatili siyang nakatitig sa mag-ama niya. Both are sleeping peacefully. Magkatabi at magkayakap. It's like Magnus is hugging his small version.

She's happy that Aresun quickly identify his father. Kay dali nitong yakapin at makipaglaro sa ama habang sa ibang tao ay ni humalubilo ay ayaw.

But what keeps bugging her is what will happen to her and Magnus? Balik ba sa normal? Kakalimutan ang trahedya, magpapanggap na walang nangyari at bumalik na lang sa dati? Sounds like it's the nice thing to do and easy but the truth is it's not. Hindi madaling kalimutan, lalo na't sa loob ng mga buwan na hindi sila magkasama ay nilulunod niya ang sarili sa pagsisisi. She wanted to learn on her own mistakes...but she can't just push him away.

"...you happened to be my life."

Napapikit siya at paulit-ulit na isinasadula niya sa kanyang isipan ang sinabi nito. Something inside her feel alive when he said that. When she blames herself because she happens to be the reason of his death but now he's telling her she's his life. Ironic.

Love. Love is ironic. How can be someone almost cause your death can also be your breath?

How can Magnus still able to forgive her and even seek for her just to be with her? How can he love a greedy, selfish, self-centered and cold wife? How did she deserve Magnus Sebastian?

I love you, Magnus. But it seems that I'm just full of thoughts. I can't even tell or show you how much I love you. Fuck.

She sighed deeply.

But in between that how's, she's thinking...what would be their treatment on each other tomorrow?

"MAMA!"

Natigil siya sa pagluto ng agahan ng marinig niya ang boses ni Aresun. Nang lingunin niya ang dalawa ay papasok ito sa kusina. Karga-karga ni Magnus ang anak nila. He's intently looking at her as if he's reading her. And she can't hide the awkwardness on her face. She can't be that cold Hera anymore, especially that Aresun is around. She wanted to show different emotions so it will reflect to Aresun. Ayaw niyang matulad ang anak niya sa kanya.

She turned off the stove and walk towards the two. She smiled at Aresun who has a bright smile on his face. Naninibago siya sa anak, arang ag lamig-lamig lang nito tapos biglang nangingiti na. But she's happy, she's happy that Aresun is happy. Probably because his father is already here.

"Good morning, baby." Malambing na bati niya sa anak at hinalikan ito sa pisngi.

Now, the awkward atmosphere sinks in again. She have to greet Magnus.

Nag-angat siya ng tingin sa binata. He raised his brow at her as if he's waiting on her greeting, too.

Should she say good morning, too? Parang ang lamig pakinggan. But can she be sweeter? Like, good morning, husband, I love you---wait. I love you is not part of greeting.

Natigil siya sa pag-iisip ng maramdaman ang pagdampi ng labi ni Magnus sa kanyang labi. Bahagya pang kinagat nito ang pang-ibabang labi niya bago ito lumayo.

Pinamulahan siya ng pisngi.

"Good morning, too, wife. I love your silent greeting." He greeted and she doesn't know if its sarcastic or not.

Nilagpasan na siya ng mag-ama at tumungo ito sa hapag.

Pinamulahan siya sa nagawa---no, wala naman siyang ginawa and that's the problem! She overthinks too much that she didn't able to greet him. Shit.

This is not how she wanted to express what she feel on Magnus. Gusto niyang bumawi dito. She wanna be deserving of his love.

She quickly get back on cooking. Tinapos na niya ang pagluluto. She just cooked sunny side up eggs. Aresun's purée is done but still hot so Magnus is letting it cool.