Eight

Lia's pov:
We all popped our bikes onto the mount and then Adam tossed me a water that I chugged within 30 seconds. Cameron was playing with his clutch as the mechanic adjusted it and Forkner was goofing off with Adam. I was standing there and looking down at my text from Chase when someone came up to me.

"Hey are you the new girl to Kawasaki's team?" A pretty blonde asked, "yeah. Lia." I stuck my hand out and she shook it. "Rylee. Forkners wife. Anyways you're a good racer out there, especially to keep up with these animals." Rylee nodded towards Austin and Cameron wrestling now while Adam watched.

"Yeah." We talked for a little bit and Rylee was now another supercross wife I knew.
There was time for one more race Adam told me and I nodded while gearing up, the boys noticed and did the same. This time, nobody was the judge and so we just started without the gates and ran right onto the track. McAdoo was in the lead and he was pretty fast except his rear tire was going squirrelly in the whoops until he lost control and got knocked off his bike. This happened right in front of me and so I quickly had to avoid running him over but I quickly gained speed after that turn.

Austin was a few seconds behind but I still wanted to prove a point in me racing, so when I went over the finishing jump, I pulled a massive whip and my rear tire was almost aligned with my front from the side. I landed perfect and took my goggles off as Forkner pulled up beside me. "That was sick. Is McAdoo okay?"
I shrugged my shoulders and we both rode over to Cameron who was standing next to Adam, he was icing his wrist.

"You ok Cameron?" I asked, "yeah. Lost control in those whoops and protected my fall with my wrist, it doesn't hurt that bad. Maybe just a little bruise later on, nice race though." Cameron said and I nodded.
We went back to the Kawasaki trailer area and I put my helmet and boots back in the gear bag and Adam said he was ready to take me back home.

I thanked all the mechanics and told them bye, same with Rylee and I gave my new teammates side hugs. "Did y'all have fun losing to a girl on the track?" I asked and both of them just rolled their eyes and nudged me. I got their phone numbers and then I said bye again as I walked out of the Kawasaki area with Adam.

Someone was looking at me I felt and so I looked around and then I looked in front of me to see my boyfriend standing there. I left my bag with Adam and ran to see Chase, I got closer and noticed he had a half smile on but he also looked sad. "Hey what's wrong?" I asked. "Nothing, how was the track?"

"I beat both of them one time but the first race, McAdoo won." I said and Adam caught up to us while carrying my gear bag and his with a bunch more of his shit. I quickly noticed him struggling and took my gear bag and carried it the rest of the walk to the parking lot.

"Ride with me Lia." Chase said and I nodded, "see ya Adam!" I yelled and he waved bye.

I loaded myself into Chases truck and the first part of the ride was a little too quiet. "Chase what's wrong?" I asked. He looked straight at the road and then shook his head when we made eye contact. "Nothing." He responded. "Chase look at me." I said and Chase quickly looked at me while continuing to drive.

"What's wrong, did I do something?" I asked and he stayed quiet. After a moment of silence he spoke up.

"Did you need their numbers." Chase mumbled, "huh?" "Did you need their numbers." He repeated.

"Chase their my new teammates, I need to get a hold of them somehow." I said and chase nodded.

"Then was the hug necessary?" "Oh my god, Chase. We are friends, I've known them for a day!" I exclaimed and he just sat there and stared straight out the window in silence.