Thirty-three

Lia's pov:
The rest of press day was boring and I just talked with the Kawasaki boys for the rest of the day. I found Chase when the day was over and we said bye to everyone before heading to our new hotel for the weekend.

I took a nice shower and luckily, there were no windows to be broken this time and I went to bed peacefully after a Chase gave me a back massage.

Saturday morning was scary, we had to be at the stadium by 8 and we were actually on time. But heat number 1 later on in the day was scary. Rj Hampshire was in front of me and he landed on a jump wrong and flipped over the handlebars, he landed right in front of my front tire and I had never used the brake so hard in my life. I did a nose wheelie and ended up laying the bike over in order for me to not run the poor guy over, I was alright and quickly got back on my bike and luckily only lost one position. But Hampshire was not alright and he was out of the rest of the race and I felt really bad for him.

I ended up finishing in third place for the heat, so it was still podium but it wasn't the main event, so it wasn't a terrible finish. Everyone else did pretty good in the heats, Jett Lawrence won the other one and Chase won the first 450 one and Anderson the other.

There was about 5 minutes until I needed to line up for the main event, I ran into Wesley and gave him a quick hug before running to find Chase. He was waiting for me right at the riders entrance, he gave me a kiss and wished me good luck while I did the same to him. "Meet me afterwards." He told me and I nodded then quickly found my mechanic and he gave me some quick tips before the monster girl came out and held up her sign that counted down.  

The gates went down and we were off, I didn't get a terrible spot, but it definitely wasn't holeshot. McAdoo was upfront and then Jett and some other people and I was in 6th. After the first lap, a few people in front of me crashed and so I bumped up to 3rd place. I tried to get past McAdoo, but he wasn't letting me and so I had to pick up the speed and ride a little bit more harsh in order for me to try and win. That didn't work and I almost ended up taking my own teammate out in the last turn, I apologized in my head and crossed the finishing jump and ended in 3rd, which was podium.

"Hey you tryna take me out Hodges?" Cameron asked me after fist bumping me, "didn't mean to." I said and he laughed. "Of course you didn't." "Hey good job." Jett came over to Cam and I. "Congrats on your win." I told Jett and he nodded, "you've been getting faster in the whoops." He told me. We all went over to the stage for podium pictures after our interviews were over, that's like the only part I hated about podium, interviews.

I didn't have time to see Chase before the 450s started because they we already lined up, but I looked at him and I don't know if he saw me, but he looked my way. I was standing with Jagger Craig on the side of the track because Paige and the rest of the kids weren't here, so I was Jagger's mom for the night.

"There's my dad!" He pointed to the jumbo screen which had the line up posted, Christian was in 4th and Chase was in 2nd while Tomac in first and Roczen in 4th. We were both watching the race really closely and my eyes widened when I saw a red bike crash in front of us, oh shit. I thought.

"Who's that number?" I asked Jagger, "it's 45." He said and I calmed down once hearing it was Colt Nichols, sucks for him but it's not my boyfriend.

Jagger and I quickly went over to the stage area once the race was over, Tomac won, then Chase, then Christian. Roczen had a little oops in the whoops but luckily he wasn't hurt and only lost one position. After interviews and the podium pictures for 450s, I walked Jagger over to his dad and congratulated him before going to find Chase.

I told Cianciarulo good job and he did not look to happy, his final position was 13th since he got a sucky holeshot and I could tell he was passed.

I found Chase with a champagne bottle in his hand, he sprayed it all over the Honda crew and some got on me. I laughed and Chase spun me around and our lips found each other's, "we both got podium." I smiled. He put me back down and I waved at all the Honda riders, Jett raised his eyebrows and I smirked. "Wow Lia." He mouthed and I just flipped him off and walked back to the pits with Chase.

We got our stuff packed into the rental car and Chase drove back to the hotel because I was too tired. I took a shower and then went straight to bed and Chase did the same.