Forty

Chase's pov:
I was at the airport at 4 am just like I said when Lia and Axell came walking through the doors with their one bag each. "Where's Gabriella and Ava?" I asked Axell after giving Lia a hug.

"She's staying at her parents this weekend since Ava's never been to loud places before." He explained and I nodded as we walked over to get checked in and our luggage disappeared while we waited for our plane to board.

-Time skip to the stadium in Denver-
Lia's pov:
I said goodbye to Chase and walked over to Kawasaki with Axell, Adam greeted us and then McAdoo and Forkner came out of the trailer with some breakfast. "Hey guys." I said and they both smiled.

We talked for awhile until press day finally started, we went to a few meetings with Kawasaki and our team and then another meeting with all the racers. Adam sat across from me and that was a mistake because I couldn't keep a straight face while staring at him.

After the meetings, we got to walk the track and plan out for tomorrow evening when the races will be going on. The conditions were different in Denver than in other places so it's going to be a little bit of a change but hopefully I still do good and same with the rest of Kawasaki.

Saturday morning
Lia's pov still

Axell, Chase, and I all got to the track at 8 because we shared a hotel room. I drank some orange juice and that was my breakfast right before practice rounds. It was noon and the pits opened, just like last time, all my posters were gone quickly and I got pictures with a lot of kids. Everyone congratulated me and wished me good luck tonight and I smiled and thanked them.

I saw Wesley come up to the Kawasaki pits and I smiled, "Wes you made it!" I said and wrapped my arms around him, he smiled and nodded. "Of course, I kept my promise and I wouldn't want to miss your race." He said. We talked for awhile until qualifying started, "See ya after." I said and went inside the trailer to put the rest of my gear back on. My black and green fox gear was all ready and there was a knock on the door, I opened it and Chase was standing there in his blue alpinestars gear. "I had to come wish you luck." He said and I smiled while pulling him inside and closing the door.

Chase pulled me in close and I laid my head in his chest, I heard his heart beat and he was really fast. I sniffled because my allergies have been bothering me all morning, but I'm not sick like yesterday.

"You all good?" Chase asked, I nodded and then patted his shoulder. "We gotta go bud." I said. Chase walked out and held my hand until he gave me one last kiss and walked over to Honda while I found my mechanic and hopped on my bike.

Once it was finally dark, people were filling the stadium and finding their seats. I was getting nervous and I just kept breathing while we got lined up for the first 250s heat. I hated being in the first race of the night, but here I am. Jett Lawrence was parked beside me, "hey I didn't see you over at Honda today?" Jett yelled while the announcers just talked. "Cause Chase came to Kawasaki." I explained and he nodded.

"You know he won't ever shut up about you?" Jett asked and I just laughed, "sounds like him." I said and got interrupted, "the 250s are all ready and lined up for the gate drop!" The announcer said and I just froze. Yup, all ready.

The heat race was fine, I got second right behind Jett and I thought I did pretty good. The 450 heats were next and I stood on the sides next to Axell and watched since Paige wasn't here this weekend either. Tomac won the first 450 heat and Chase got the second, both were pretty excited in the interviews so the main will be interesting.

250s main event was all ready, my green bike was right next to Forkners green bike and I just sat there while my mechanic told me some useful stuff for out there. "Good luck dude." I smacked Forkners shoulder and he nodded while wishing me the same. The gates dropped and we were all off, I got the holeshot! I FINALLY GOT A HOLESHOT and I was so proud of myself.

I ended up in second place because Jett passed me since he is faster than me in the turns. The interviews were done and I was still shaking from being on camera, McAdoo and Forkner both came up to me and gave me hugs even though I tried to avoid them. Then out of nowhere, Wesley comes and tackles me to the floor and congratulated me, "oh wow thanks bud." I said and he helped me back up. "You did good and that holeshot, holy shit just made like 5 grand!" He said and I nodded and laughed at how excited he was. "Good job Lia." Wesley said and pulled me over to the sides where we could see the 450s lining up, I saw Chase and he waved at me before getting all ready for the gates to drop.

The 450s were rough, Anderson flipped over the handlebars but he continued to race and Barcia landed on a tuff block but survived even though he bike probably wasn't in the best condition. Chase and Eli Tomac were battling for first place the whole entire race but Tomac's tire cross the fishing jump first and he won. I cheered anyways because Chase got second but everyone loves Tomac.