Seventy-six

Chase's pov:
This whole nightmare that I was living, lasted for at least 2 weeks. I couldn't control myself anymore, I would either drink so much I'd pass out on the couch or I'd cry myself to sleep. I missed Lia so damn much and it was all my fault, why didn't I say something? Why'd I accept the ring back?

I didn't even know what to do, my fiancée basically broke off the engagement temporarily and she also took our daughter. I laid on the couch and wondered how much I fucked up.

There was a knock on the door and I got up to see Axell, I opened the door and he punched me right in the face. "I deserved that." I mumbled and he nodded, "damn right you did." He said.

Axell and I talked for a little while and he told me how much Lia missed me, "I doubt that, she hated me the night she left." I said and he shook his head no. "Adam said she falls asleep looking at pictures of you guys and Nova isn't really helping, or her new pregnancy." Axell said and I just shook my head.

"I really fucked up." I mumbled. "How do I get her back?" I asked and he shrugged.

"That's on you Chase, you guys had a kid together so you probably know more about her than I do." Axell joked and I just rolled my eyes.

"Thanks for stopping by and putting me back in place." I waved when he walked to his car, "anytime."

I went inside and thought of ways to get Lia back, I could text her but she probably blocked me.
"Hello?" Adam answered, "Hey is Lia around?" I asked and he said no. "Ok I need help, I need her back and I'm ready to become a dad again." I said and Adam was shocked but he agreed to help. We decided on a plan for tonight and I smiled and thanked him, "also thanks for taking care of my girls." I said and he said no problem and ended the call.

I cleaned the house because it looked a little messy since I've been all over without Lia being here. The clock finally said 5:30 and I grabbed the ring and drove my truck out to the local track. I sat there for a little while and waited, Adam's truck pulled in the parking lot and I smiled knowing I was gonna see Lia again.

She had a blindfold on just like last time I proposed to her and Adam was guiding her, "where are we going, I'm hungry Adam." I heard Lia say as she was walking towards me, my heart was racing just seeing her, what if she said no? What if she doesn't want anything to do with me anymore?

"Ok remove your blindfold." Adam said and then he walked away, I was down on one knee behind Lia and I watched her carefully look all around. "Adam what the hell?" She yelled and turned around, she saw me and then the ring, her jaw dropped and I saw a mix of expressions go on her face.

"Chase wait, Adam? Chase, what, wait, you waited? you're ready?" She said and her words kept getting tangled. "Lia Blake Hodges I realized how much I fucked us and how lonely it was without you, I didn't mean any of the few words I said that night but I should have kept you and not ignored you." I said and I saw a tear escape her eyes. "I want you to move back in, plus I miss our daughter and whatever that one will be." I mentioned her stomach and she smiled and tried to laugh but it was all tears.

"Yes I'll marry you again." She cried and leaned down to kiss me, I stood up and wrapped my arms around her and spun her around. "I missed you pretty girl." I said and gave her another kiss while slipping the old ring around her left finger. "So we still doing the wedding next month?" Lia asked and I nodded.

-one month later-
Lia's pov:

Today was the day every girl in her life dreamed about, I woke up and all my bridesmaids were there in our hotel room. We started the day with mimosas (I didn't obviously) because it's a celebration, then we went to breakfast and I barely ate because I didn't want to make my stomach any bigger otherwise I wouldn't fit in my dress.

We went to the venue and all the girls started helping with the set up, Nova was there also but Chase's mom was watching her because Diane said I didn't need anymore stress by watching my own child. All the tables were done and they looked adorable. All the bridesmaids went into the getting ready room and they started on their makeup and hair, I walked over to the actual spot where I'd get married and I just sat there for awhile.

Diane found me, "you ok sweetie?" She asked and Nova came running over to me, "yeah I'm fine." I said and sniffled, she sat down next to me. "What are you thinking about?" She asked. "How my parents aren't going to be here, my mom is just a hater on everything I do and it's hard to think that she won't even be here for her only daughter's wedding." I explained and Diane frowned and nodded.

"I know it's hard Lia but at least you've got all these amazing guests and family members here supporting you." She said and I smiled while wiping away the tear, I thanked her for everything and then she gave me a hug and I picked up Nova and we went to the room with the rest of my girls.