Twenty-one

Lia's pov:
I spent most of the day sleeping and I knew that was going to be a problem for when it's actually night time, but I did it anyways. Gabriella was downstairs around dinner time and Axell was outback making hamburgers.

"Hey where's Bryce?" I asked once dinner was all ready. "He found himself a girlfriend and moved back to South Carolina with his family after you left." Axell said and I was kind of sad, Bryce was like my second brother and he's always tagging along with Axell and Gabriella.

"Oh, is he ever coming back?" I asked and my brother just shrugged his shoulders and started to eat. Gabriella was already done with her burger and she got up for more, she was 8 months pregnant and very hungry apparently.

Both of them went to bed early and I was up all by myself at 10pm, I decided to watch a movie because there's nothing else to do by myself. I was playing on my phone when I got a call from Adam.

"Oh hey you actually woke up today?" Adam said and I rolled my eyes.

"Yes I am actually wide awake right now but don't worry, I travelled here safely and I missed you too." I said with sarcasm and I could hear Adam mimicked me.

"What do you need Adam?" I asked. "Grumpy a little? Anyways wanna come over and practice right now?" Adam said. "Right now, like at 10 pm?" "Yeah cmon." Adam begged and I agreed but he had to come pick me up because I was still not fully functioning enough to drive.

I ended the call and grabbed my gear bag but then realized I had no bike, my aunt hasn't gotten to California yet and so I had no bike to race. But I didn't tell Adam that until we were at his house.

"Really Lia?" He said and I nodded and laughed. "It's fine I've got a few spares." Adam opened his garage and he did have a few Kawasaki 250s so I stole one while he got on his 450.

"Cmon blondie." Adam said once we both got our gear on, luckily he had a bunch of bright lights in his backyard track so I could see. "First one to cross the line after 5 laps?" Adam asked and I nodded my head and started my bike.

I was trying hard out there but I'm not sure about Adam, I still won either way and Adam congratulated me.
"You been practicing your away months?" He asked and I nodded.

"At the old track and I even made a new friend that owns the place." I said and got reminded of Aiden.

"Sounds fun. Well you seem tired and I am too so you want me to drive you home?" Adam asked and I shook my head no, "you're too tired to drive." I told Adam and he mumbled something.

"Stay in the guest bedroom." He told me and I nodded while changing back into my pajamas and going to bed in the comfy guest bedroom. I even texted Axell to let him know I was kidnapped by Adam and I'll be back tomorrow, he responded quickly so I'm guessing he was having a hard time sleeping.

-skip forwards to Friday morning-
Lia's pov:
I don't think anybody had figured out that I have came back to Cali yet and I think that's a good thing. This weekends race was in Glendale, Arizona and Axell drove me down there along with Gabriella. She really isn't supposed to be out a lot since she's 8 months already, but Axell can't leave her at home all alone for a weekend in case anything happens.

"So everything's the same. No new riders except you and nobody knows that yet, so be prepared when you walk into that trailer." Adam said and pointed to the Kawasaki trailer that looked so familiar.

I just laughed and waved bye to my brother and Gabriella while Adam held my hand and helped me up the stairs. I took a few deep breaths before Adam opened the door and walked in.

I heard boys yelling and saying morning to Adam, "where's the new dude?" Forkners voice asked.
"Right here actually." Adam squeezed my hand as I climbed up the rest of the stairs and came into view for all my former teammates to see.

"Hey it's a chick." Someone said and all the boys kept looking from each other to me.

"Lia's back guys! How've you been?" McAdoo said really loud and gave me a hug.

"Eh. I've missed all you guys." I said and they all let go of me, I flashed Adam a smile and nodded because he knew the boys wouldn't hate me.

McAdoo, Forkner, and I all sat outside after the Kawasaki meeting was over and we talked about the whole time I was gone. "Sounds like you had fun with that kid and racing." Austin told me and I rolled my eyes, "we weren't anything." I said. Austin just nodded and looked at Cameron who was laughing.

"It's press day Lia, why aren't you in gear for practice?" Cameron asked me and I shrugged my shoulders.
"Here." Adam came from nowhere and put his sweaty Kawasaki hat on my head. "Aw thanks." I mumbled.

Chases pov:
I was walking around the empty pits trying to find Rachel, I passed the Suzuki and Huskivarnia but didn't find her. I walked past Kawasaki and saw McAdoo Forkner and Cianciarulo all sitting outside and I waved. There was another person with their back towards me, but I could see blonde hair and a hat.

Adam must have finally gotten himself a girlfriend. I thought to myself as I went back to the Honda pits and sure enough, Rachel was sitting there smiling at me.