Sixty-nine

Chase's pov:
I could tell that Nova not being home was bothering Lia, she came home and just locked herself in the bathroom for awhile. I just left her in there because I wasn't much help with telling her our daughter is fine, without really knowing if she was fine.

It was around midnight and Lia finally came out of the bathroom. "You ok babe?" I asked and she shook her head no and laid her against my chest while I wrapped my arms around her tightly.

"It feels like part of me is missing, like I went to the hospital with something and left without something." She explained and I nodded. "It's just heartbreaking." She mumbled.

I brought lots of blankets to our bed and watched Lia bury herself in them, "I'm so proud of you Lia, such a strong mama." I said and kissed her forehead goodnight, she mumbled something back and I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

There was an alarm that woke me up the next morning at 5 am, I looked around to see Lia not laying down next to me, I sat up and thought it was weird.

I got up and looked around the house to find her sitting in the nursery, asleep on the floor.
"Lia." I whispered and shook her gently, she groaned and turned around to see me. "It's morning?" She asked and I nodded. "Let's go see Nova!" I smiled because Lia was finally excited and not crying. We both got dressed and drove over to the hospital, we got checked in and a nurse led us to the NICU, I could see little Nova was sleeping in her crib through the glass wall. I looked at Lia to see she had the biggest grin on her face, "ok all of her tests came back fine so you can take her home let me just go get her baby carrier." The nurse said and went to our room from yesterday and brought back the baby carrier. Lia carefully laid our daughter down and got her all secure in there, I offered to carry her because I knew Lia still didn't have her full strength back yet and it might be hard for her.

She took sleeping Nova out of the carrier and strapped her into the baby car seat right behind the passenger seat, I smiled because I noticed Lia got pure joy doing this. We drove home and Lia took Nova inside, "and this is your little room." She whispered and stood with the baby inside the nursery.

The little baby opened her beautiful grey/blue eyes and she yawned, "how are you tired?" Lia asked and then Nova started crying and I laughed. "Are you hungry?" She asked and sat down in the rocking chair and nursed her. Nova fell asleep in her arms again and it was quiet for awhile, I looked up from my phone to see both my girls asleep and looking beautiful.

-6 months later-
Lia's pov:
It's been a half a year since Nova has came into this world and nothing has made our lives change so much, Nova has Chase wrapped around her tiny little finger and it's adorable to see his face when I bring her to the track. Nova is loved by everybody since she is just such a good baby.

Her eyes are still the same color as her daddy's and she is now a little chubby but still adorable.
"Nova look it's your daddy!" Paige said and bounced her on her legs, Nova smiled when she saw Chase coming on his dirtbike. He took his helmet off and walked over, "hello baby I missed you." Chase gave her kisses all over, I smiled and took a picture of them two together. "And don't forget about your mommy." He said and walked over to me, he gave me a big kiss and Nova drooled on my t-shirt. "Aw thanks." I said and Paige laughed.

"Lennon come out here." Paige yelled inside the Honda trailer, her daughter came running out and smiled when she saw me. "Lia!" She ran over and jumped on my lap, "Hey Lennon." I said and she smiled.

"Wanna hold Nova?" Chase asked and she nodded, I made sure to help Lennon so she wouldn't drop my child. "She looks like you." Lennon told me and I turned my head, "really?" I asked and she nodded.

"Yep she's beautiful." Chase added and gave me a kiss on my forehead. "Ewwww!" Lennon yelled and Paige just rolled her eyes and took Nova from her. "Hey!" Lennon yelled. "Calm down, Nova likes me more." She said and Nova giggled.

-skip forward 6 months-
Chase went to the grocery store and he took the baby so I would have some time to myself, I was sitting out back on a swing and then I got a phone call from Jett.

"Hey Jettson whatsup?" I answered, "Hey Lia how've you been?" He asked. "Good, you need something?" I asked and he said no. "I just wanted to ask you something about supercross." He said.

"What about it?" I said and played with my fingernail, "are you gonna race this season or not?" He asked.
"Well I haven't really thought about that...I'm guessing probably not since I'm a mom now and it's different to race now that I have to worry about Chase and Nova." I explained and Jett agreed. "Also if we do expand our family, it will be harder for me to see them if I'm practicing or racing all the time." I added.

"Well I was just wondering, but Chase is racing right?" Jett asked, "of course! His contract isn't up for another 2 years." I said, "good." He said and I laughed. "Ok well I think Chase just got home so I'll see you later." I said and Jett told me bye then hung up.