Thirty-nine

Lia's pov:
I woke up the next morning and felt like crap. My head hurt so bad and I was burning up but I also shivered. I knew I was sick but I didn't want to say anything because it was Thursday, the day before press day and I knew Chase and Axell wouldn't let me race if I was sick.

Chase was still sleeping next to me and I played on my phone for a few minutes. Then I stood up and my stomach turned upside down and I knew I was going to throw up, I ran to my bathroom and bile came out. My mouth tasted horrid after but I was just worried about Chase waking up and hearing me. After 10 minutes of sitting on the cold bathroom tile, I stood up and felt dizzy.

I went downstairs and looked in the fridge for some breakfast. I got a bowl of blueberries and made myself a piece of toast because I needed to eat something even if I was going to puke it up later. Gabriella was sitting on the couch and watching tv while feeding Ava her bottle, I said good morning and sat down next to them. "What are you doing today?" She asked me. "Maybe go to the track and practice but otherwise I have no plans." I said, "what about you?" "I was going to take Ava shopping, you should come with us." Gabriella said and I agreed because I haven't really hung out with her lately and I love Gabriella so why not.

"Let me change her and then pack a bag and we can go!" She said and I nodded while finishing up my breakfast and then going back upstairs to change into an outfit. Chase was still sleeping and I was concerned because he never sleeps in this late. I just shrugged my shoulders and grabbed a pair of jeans and a tank top to change into, I got dressed and I looked to see Chase staring at me and smirking.

"You dirty dog." I said and crawled right next to him on my bed, he laughed and then played innocent.
"I just woke up? I'm sorry you didn't warn me." Chase said and I just rolled my eyes before he put his arms around my waist and brought me on top of him. His blue eyes brightened when we looked directly at each other and I leaned down to give him a morning kiss, he didn't let me go until Gabriella knocked on the door and said she was ready.

"Where ya going babe?" Chase asked while I quickly got up and grabbed a pair of vans and went into the bathroom for makeup time, "forgot to tell you but Gabriella and I are going shopping with baby Ava. I'll go to dinner or something with you later." I said and Chase just rolled his eyes while I walked out of my bedroom and then met Gabi in her mom car.

We first went to American eagle and Gabriella was so fucking happy she could finally fit into her normal sized jeans since her postpartum belly went away. She looked better than before she had Ava and I was jealous because Gabriella didn't have to worry about any insecurities since she was naturally beautiful.

Ava was a good shopper and I carried her around in her baby carrier all morning, she never cried and she always was smiling and happy. "Ok I'm done shopping, do you need anything else?" Gabi asked me right before we walked to the, "Nope I've got my little bags." I said and she laughed while holding her 4 big shopping bags, filled with outfits that were absolutely gorgeous on her.

Gabi got Ava all buckled in the car and then we headed back home for naps because shopping makes everyone tired. Axell was making lunch for him and Chase when we got back and his face lit up when he saw baby Ava, "hey cutie. Ya have fun shopping with mommy?" Axell asked and picked up his daughter, she smiled at him while Gabriella laughed and sat at the bar counter.

"Did you get anything cool?" Chase gave me a kiss and asked, I nodded. "I'll show you after lunch." I said and he nodded and Axell gave him a plate with tacos on it, he also handed Gabriella and I one before sitting on the opposite side of me and eating off his plate.

"Thanks Axell." I said after my plate was empty and Chase did the same, I grabbed my small bags and then headed upstairs as Chase followed.

About 20 minutes later, I had tried in every piece of clothing I bought. Chase said I looked beautiful in all of them and I just nodded and pretended to agree, but I look in the bathroom mirror and started bringing myself back down. "Nobody would ever love you" "I was with you for your body" "fucking scar face." All of Ryder's words replayed in my head and I just slowly blinked and got my mind off that topic so I didn't cry.

Chase went home in the late afternoon and I walked downstairs with him, he gave me a kiss goodbye and said to meet him at the airport at 4am because of our flight to Denver this weekend.

"Love you too!" I yelled back and shut the front door before smiling and looking at baby Ava who giggled.