Forty-five

Chase's pov:
That night I slept right next to Lia and wrapped my arms around her body. A few times in the night she woke up or I would heard her sort of cry and I felt so bad because she was getting flashbacks.

"Hey pretty girl it's me. Calm down." I said after kissing her head and sitting up, Lia looked at me and I saw a few tears roll down her cheeks and she laid her head on my bare chest. "Chase I'm scared." She said and I just did my best to comfort her throughout the night.

I woke up to the sound of groaning and a toilet flushing. I quickly sat up and rubbed my eyes before realizing Lia wasn't laying down next to me, "Lia?" I asked and knocked on the bathroom door, she opened it up and she was sitting on the floor while leaned over the toilet. "Help me Chase, I'm weak." Lia stuttered and she looked hella pale. I went over to her and placed a hand on her forehead, she wasn't hot.

"Lia what hurts?" I asked, "my stomach and head." She groaned and leaned over the toilet again, to puke. "My stomach is swirling." Lia cried and laid her head on my chest, I played with her hair until she had to puke again. "Chase I don't think this is normal." Lia said after 10 more minutes passed by.

"Yeah probably not." I said and she just groaned, Lia ended up falling back asleep on my chest while I laid against the wall. I checked the time to see it was 4:43 in the morning and I closed my eyes as well and tried to get some more sleep and trying not to worry about Lia.

Lia's pov:
I woke up and I needed to throw up again but Chase was sleeping on the bathroom floor and I felt bad if I woke him up by the sound of that, so I quickly stood up and ran to the guest bedroom down the hall.

I made it just in time and I fell to the floor after 10 minutes of just constantly throwing up, did I have food poison? Is this a side effect of me getting shot? What the hell is wrong with me?

The rest of the morning I spent time either playing on my phone, or drinking water. But I was sitting right by the toilet the whole time in case I needed to puke again. Chase woke up and texted me,

Chase: baby where'd you go?

Me: down the hall in the bathroom.

I heard footsteps and then I saw Chase walk towards me, shirtless. He was so fucking hot and I was here sitting on the bathroom floor.

"Morning baby." Chase helped me stand up, my knees almost gave out but luckily he was hugging me and his strong arms held me up. "Morning." I mumbled and laid my head against his warm body, my head was killing me now and I knew I needed to get this checked out since I still felt like shit.

"Cmon get dressed and then I'll drive ya." Chase said but I shook my head no, "Chase no. You go to the track and practice like you were going to, Gabriella or Axell will take me." I said but Chase didn't want to leave me. "Ok I'll call you later and tell you all about it." I gave Chase a last kiss and then went back into my room and got dressed without having to go to the bathroom.

"Hey do one of you guys want to take me to the doctors?" I asked Gabriella and Axell who were sitting on the couch and playing with Ava. "Sure I'll go." Gabriella said, "bummer. Looks like you don't need me then." Axell said with sarcasm. "Thanks dude." I punched his shoulder. "Ok babe, you're on baby duty." Gabi said and gave him a kiss before following me out front, we took her mom car and arrived.

I walked in the office and there was a weird smell. I made eye contact with Gabriella while waiting to get checked in and she got bug eyes, "go to the bathroom right now." She pushed me down the hall and I made it just in time again, to puke up all my water I drank. Gabriella squatted beside me and held my hair back. "Thanks." I told her and she smiled, "you had that same look when I would get morning sickness when I was pregnant with Ava." She started, my eyes went wide and she gasped.

"No fucking way." Gabriella put a hand over her mouth and I shook my head no, "I never took a test. I'll ask the doctor, I doubt it." I said and tried to calm myself down. Shortly after, I got checked in and then got called back to the room. The doctor came in and asked what symptoms I had. She checked some things off her clipboard and then smiled, "could you please go pee in this cup?" She asked and I nodded.

I was shaking when I came back, Gabriella stood right next to me and held my hand while the doctor talked and we waited. The doctor took one look at the test and then smiled and then took another look, "well miss Lia, looks like you're expecting a baby." She said and my head spun. Gabriella noticed and quickly asked for sugar, "she's going to faint." I heard and tried to keep my eyes open. I quickly drank the apple juice and then my eyes popped back open, I felt much better.

"Sorry there's 2 lines?" I asked and the doctor showed me the test. "Shit." I mumbled and the doctor stepped out for a moment so Gabriella and I could talk.

"What do I do?" I yelled and Gabriella gave me a hug, "you'll figure it out, you're Lia."