Twenty-six

Axell's pov:
Gabriella has already gotten up like 3 times from our seats to go to the bathroom and she's making me miss the whole show, but I promised to be there for her and so I followed her and waited each time to make sure she was ok. "Axell I'm fine, watch the race and watch your sister." Gabi said and I just gave her a hug before going back to our seats and she went to throw up again.

It was the main event for 250s and it's going to be an exciting race because McAdoo, Forkner, Jett, and Lia are all racing against each other. The gates dropped and McAdoo got a perfect holeshot and then my sister was up there along with Jett. After the first lap, Lia passed Cameron and they kept battling for awhile. Jett came from nowhere and made his way right to the front and Lia was .7 seconds behind him.

Gabriella came back and drank a whole water bottle and then she groaned because the aftertaste was disgusting, "it's water babe. Can't help you with that." I laughed and she glared at me. "Fuck off."

"Go Lia, Go Lia, Go Lia." I mumbled under my breath on the last lap. She was still behind Jett by .4 seconds and she kept getting closer. Jett made a little oops on one of the jumps and but my sister wasn't able to pass him. I could tell she was frustrated but she had to keep trying even though there was no more time left. The checkered flag waved and fire, Jett pulled a massive whip and then landed while Lia did the same. They both stayed there on the track and gave each other a side hug while McAdoo came right next to them in third place. Jett went off to get interviewed and same with 2nd and 3rd.

"So Lia it's another race for you, how do you feel about second place and are you happy with that ending?" The girl asked, "I tried my best and tonight my best earned second place so I'm not bummed." She responded and the interviewer thanked her and the crowd cheered for my sister, Gabriella even stood up and did too. McAdoo was interviewed next and he pretty much said the same thing about placing third and trying his best tonight.

All the 450s were lined up and there was a few minutes before their race started, I heard Gabriella make a noise and I quickly looked over to see her eyes squeezed shut. "Gabi you ok?" I quickly asked. She slowly nodded her head and that made me calm down, "miss is kicking me and it fucking hurts!" She yelled and I laughed. "She must take after you because she cannot seem to ever sit still." Gabriella said and I rolled my eyes, "yeah whatever." "Need more water?" I asked and she nodded, "I have to piss too." I held Gabi's hand and walked her to the girls bathroom while going to buy a water.

I met her outside the bathroom and we ran into a couple of fans that wanted pictures. "Sure bud." I signed this little guys t-shirt and another guys hat and took a picture with both of them and a few others before getting Gabriella and going back to our seats.

We got back just in time as Rickey Carmichael was announcing all the 450 riders were lined up and ready. Gabi laid her head on my shoulder and I smiled while squeezing her hand and waiting for the gates to drop.

Lia's pov:
After the 250 interviews, I had to pee and so I walked back into the pits and went to the Kawasaki trailer bathrooms. Nobody was there at all since it was break time while they prepared the track for 450s. I went to the bathroom and went outside once I was done to sit at the tables under the Kawasaki tent.

I was playing on my phone and texting people back when I heard footsteps coming towards me, I looked up without making it obvious and I saw Chase Sexton standing there. My whole world paused and I looked directly into his blue eyes. I tried to stop but I couldn't lie, my love got worse and I wanted him more. Everything came back to normal and I cleared my throat before looking at the floor, "why are you here?" I spat. "Uh sorry, forgot my gloves here earlier." Chase said and picked up a pair of gloves from the tables.

I just nodded and looked back down at my phone while he didn't go away, "is he actually your boyfriend?" Chase asked. "Yeah." I mumbled and took my eyes off my screen, he just looked at me.

Chase took a step closer to me and now we were a foot away, Chase saw something on me and he paused. He used his thumb to wipe my cheek, "sorry you had dirt on you." I just awkwardly nodded, his finger went over the dirt spot again and I realized it was my scar. Chase looked at his finger and paused, he mumbled something to himself before taking his finger and tracing my scar again on my jawline. I got the chills because I missed his touch. "What's this?" He asked.

"Oh, that's from-" My voice began to shake but a different voice interrupted me. "Lia where are you a- woah what's going on?" Paige Craig asked when she saw Chase and I standing so close and his thumb on my jaw.

"Nothing!" I shouted and made the two of them jump, "Nothing. Chase was helping me get the dirt off my face." I said and he nodded while Paige just waited for the truth. "Ok then why were y'all staring into each other's eyes?" She asked and I just looked at the floor and waited for Chase to answer.

"She had something on her face."