Fifteen

Lia's pov:
The track sight or walk was over and now it was pits time, the Kawi team had left me behind and so I walked back to the trailer by myself and my tears followed me.

Chases pov:
I told myself not to cry or show emotion. It was race day and I was supposed to be pumped up because I was 1 point away from Tomac, the points leader. The pits opened and people were walking everywhere.
I stayed in the Honda area but I would find myself looking at the Kawasaki booth that was across the aisle and over a few, she wasn't out.

Fans came by and got autographs from Jett, Me, and Colt. I was talking to the mechanics and saw my phone light up on the table, there was a text from Axell.

Axell Hodges: I know maybe one sentence about what happened between you and my sister because that's all she told me, but you did the right thing kind of. You were a great boyfriend to her and actually loved her. Lia now knows how people should treat her and so don't be too hard on yourself for this, and don't let this effect your race tonight because Lia will be perfectly fine back home in Illinois on Tuesday. I'm on my way to the race for tonight because I will pick her up and bring her back. Good luck out there if I don't see you.

Me: Thanks Axell, she learned a few things that I hope she remembers. See ya maybe.

I put my phone down and went back to talking with the Honda team and then it was time for qualifying. My mechanic hopped on the back of my bike as I drove to the riders entrance of the stadium, 250s was just finished and I saw Lia ride the opposite way of me. I quickly looked away and kept riding towards the gates.

Lia's pov:
I was so distracted. I couldn't focus on anything and so I have the sixth fastest qualifying. McAdoo and Forkner were waiting for me when I went back to the Kawasaki pits. "What happened?" They asked.

"Well I'll just tell you now instead of later. I'm moving back to my home in Illinois on Tuesday, I've talked to the supercross guys and they already know and so does Adam. My points will be erased and it's like I was never here once I leave. Also, Chase and I just broke up so I'm very distracted and it's not like the points matter for me anymore, sorry for being a bad teammate and leaving." I apologized.

Both guys stood there and they hugged me. "Lia we won't forget you, I mean you were the first girl to actually race supercross and stick to it. You're pretty badass and I hope you have fun in Illinois." Austin told me and I had tears forming, so I gave him a hug.

"Lia Hodges. I was intimidated by you at first, you were a girl and you got on the podium. I knew you were real shit and it was great being your teammate especially since you're pretty fun. Lia you are also a good racer but you were competitive and loved beating me. I really hope you have a good time back at your house in Illinois." McAdoo said and those damn tears escaped my eyes. I sniffled and gave him a hug.

"Chase and you, I swore weren't going to leave each other ever." He said and I just laughed.

"Well you were wrong. Thanks guys for being the best teammates ever and I'm really gonna miss y'all."
I said and Axell appeared, I smiled at my brother and gave the Kawi boys one last hug before I walked off with Axell. He didn't go to the truck. He walked over to the Husqvarna area and I smiled and gave Paige Craig and Lennon hugs bye.

I was carrying my boots in my hands because they are pretty hard to walk in. The last spot was Honda. Jett was just taking his helmet off and I gave him a hug bye, "bye Lia. You better win more championships in Illinois or come visit us." He said and I nodded before looking at Chase. He was sitting on the trailer steps and his blue eyes looked real confused.

Axell went up to him and talked for a bit, I just stood there until Adam came up to me. I thanked Adam for all the help he has been and for literally everything. We were talking for like 10 minutes before Axell came back and I took one look back at Chase Sexton before we walked away.

Chase's pov:
Axell thanked me again but also apologized about this whole situation. Lia looked at me one last time before she walked off and I never saw her again. Jett came over and patted my shoulder before walking away. I just sat there and sighed and walked over to Suzuki to visit Kenny.

The races started finally and I placed second in the main but first in the heat, I shook the champagne bottle and we were all having a good time celebrating but it was different. There was no Lia to make us all laugh, or no congrats kiss, no funny jokes about her racing. Or no one in the passenger seat to keep me awake on the long road trip back home to San Diego at my parents house.