Thirteen

Lia's pov:
Axell and Gabriella took Bryce and I out to dinner one random night this week and Gabriella looked like she was about to puke. They both started talking and Axell took over. "Gabriella's pregnant." My brother said really fast. My jaw dropped, I looked from Axell to Bryce and then to Gabriella and back to Axell.

"No fucking way!" Bryce said and gave Axell a high five, "You're gonna be a dad. Well that's scary." I said and laughed at Axell. Gabriella told us about her upcoming appointment and I was really happy for them honestly, now I'm going to be an aunt!

The weekend came and I didn't race because it was the 250s west, I decided not to go at all to Arlington because I needed to get one weekend of rest. And so I watched the race on tv but it wasn't the same experience. Bryce was right beside me because Gabriella and Axell were at her dr appointment on Saturday afternoon. They came back and turns out she is already 2 months this along the way, no more drinking for Gabriella and they told her morning sickness or craving is going to start. Same with crankiness if the baby keeps mama up all night long, Axell rolled his eyes and I laughed because it was his fault this happened.

The next weekend came and I was racing, Chase and I flew to Daytona for this weekends race. We arrived at the airport and rented a car since it was Thursday and press day was tomorrow then pits and actually race on Saturday and then the flight back home on Sunday.

We walked around close by cities and we ate some good meals too, and then we raced to see who was faster but Chase won because I'm slow in my feet. We finally went back to the hotel on Thursday night and I was so tired that I instantly fells asleep after Chase gave me a kiss goodnight.

Chases pov:
Friday was a terrible morning, Lia went to take a shower around 7 and I saw she got a notification on her phone. I wasn't being nosey but I checked it.

One week from today: pack for home.

It was a reminder, to pack for home. I totally forgot these past two months that Lia wasn't actually home. My heart sunk a little because I know how this would end. Lia came out of the shower and and she got dressed but I was still curious if she was actually leaving.

"Hey Pretty Girl." I said and Lia came to lay down by me, we had 10 minutes before we needed to leave and so I needed to make this quick. "Are you going to move back to Illinois?" Is what I wanted to ask.

But instead "ready to go?" Were the words that came out. "Yup." She said and gave me a kiss before helping me up and putting on her shoes. The car ride was quiet but I rested my hand on her thigh the whole drive and Lia took a short nap.

"Wake up Pretty Girl, we're here. Daytona baby!" I said and patted her leg, she groaned and pushed my hand away. "Oh that's rude." I said and she giggled. "You're on."

Lia quickly unbuckled after saying that and she sat on my lap in the parked car. She gave me a kiss and she pulled away way to early. But then she started to kiss my jawline and I went tense again. This is going to be a shitty ending whatever happens.

I thought to myself but continued. Lia took her shirt off and she knew exactly what she was doing.
"Lia c'mon we gonna be late." I said before this got out of hand, she sighed and left me with one last kiss before she got dressed for media day.

The day went by slowly and Lia and I went to dinner with the Roczen family, Griffen was giggling and so was Lia. Her eyes had that sparkle in them but I knew something was off. We thanked Kenny and Courtney for dinner and drove back to the hotel for the night, Lia took a shower and went straight to bed after, no hug or kiss. It was weird but she fell right asleep and I gave her a kiss on her forehead before also going to bed.

Lia's pov:
I woke up in the middle of the night. I had gone to the bathroom and realized this was the last race I was participating in. One week from today, I was going to be on a plane headed back to Illinois. My eyes filled with tears because I was going to miss this place. I didn't want to leave Axell or his soon to be little family, I didn't want to leave kawasaki racing or supercross. I didn't want to leave my new friends or my boyfriend.

My first boyfriend that loved me and treated me with respect, the guy who always made me smile, or the one I would accept hugs from. The one who I hated to lose to, or the creepy guy who walks in at the wrong time. My best friend, I had to leave. I needed to leave this place before next Saturday otherwise I will never leave. I paused and wiped the tears away before pulling my phone out and looking at plane tickets.

Tuesday. 4 days. 4 days until life returns to normal, I will get out of my dream and be back on my own.