Thirty-four

Lia's pov:
The next 2 months were all the same, I became the Craig's nanny almost every day if I didn't have practice but I loved those three kids so it didn't bother me. I would either ride my dirtbike with Chase or I was at home, helping Gabriella with her 2 month old baby Ava.

Ava was so adorable and she was an amazing baby, she never cried, unless I was a heavy sleeper and never heard her. But Gabriella never complained and she always drank her bottle and took lots of naps.

Almost every weekend was supercross for me since I only raced 250s west but Chase raced every weekend and sometimes I tagged along just to cheer my boyfriend on. This weekend there was no supercross for some reason, so I decided not to skip practice on Saturday morning, but meet up with Chase at the San Diego track and ride for a bit.

"Cmon lets go back to my house for a swim." Chase said and I agreed because it was hot outside and there was nothing else to do. I put my stuff inside his truck and played the music on the car ride back to Chase's house. We both went inside and put our swimsuits on, I was dressed first and I just decided to get in the pool before him. About 2 minutes later, Chase comes running outside and he jumped in the pool and caused me to get all soaked.

"Wow thanks." I said and he swam over to me, "your welcome." He said and gave me a kiss. I smiled and kissed him back before he pulled me underwater and I came up to the surface and gasped for air.

"Are you trying to kill me?" I asked and Chase just laughed and held me close. "I don't know what I'd do with you Lia." He said with sarcasm and I splashed water at his face, "Hey! That's rude." I said.

"I'm just joking." Chase apologized and I pretended to pout. He started to tickle me and I was laughing and trying to get air, he picked me up from the water and threw me back in. After a few more minutes of messing around, I decided that was enough pool time for me and got out. Chase and I were sitting by the pool with towels wrapped around us. I looked into his eyes and noticed they sparkled when he looked at me, I started to lean closer and my lips ended up on his.

It wasn't a normal kiss. We pulled away after a few seconds and Chase pit his hand on my cheek, "you want to do this?" He asked and I nodded. Chase smiled back at me before I sat on his lap and we started where we left off. Our lips never left each other's but his arms were wrapped around my waist and my fingers were running through his wet hair. Chase pulled me in even closer and I was right on him, a silent moan left his mouth when I kissed his jawline and it took everything in me not to giggle.

Chase's hand left my waist and he untied my bikini strap, my bright blue top was flung to the floor beside me and soon enough the matching bottoms were too. Chase piled his swim trunks on top of mine and he got very close. He didn't have any protection on him, so we risked it and decided not to use any. Chase inserted it and I quietly groaned because it hurt. "You ok baby?" He asked, looking right at me.

"Yeah I'm fine, keep going." I said and he just nodded and kept going. After about 10 minutes of me being over the moon, Chase gave me one more kiss before we stopped. I sat there with a towel around me and laid my head on Chase's shoulder. He stood up and got dressed while I started to put my bikini back on, I turned my head when dogs started barking crazy next door. I looked at a Chase and he shrugged before taking my hand and bringing me to the hammock on the farther side of the backyard. I laid right next to Chase and closed my eyes for a little bit.

I got woken up by someone shaking me, I rubbed my eyes and Chase had a worried face expression.
"Lia get up hurry." He said and helped me off the hammock. "Wait what's happening?" I asked but Chase didn't answer, he was dragging me towards the house when I heard a gun shot. I skipped a breath and started coughing because I was scared for my life. "Lia hurry we're almost there." Chase said and looked back at me.

I was about to respond when I saw, I SAW a fucking bullet fly right in front of my face and hit the fence to my left. I freaked out. "CHASE WHAT THE FUCK? I ALMOST JUST DIED!" I screamed and he saw me panicking. "Lia!" Chase yelled and came to grab me, another gun shot hit the fence and I stopped breathing. It was like a war zone and I was the target, but who would target me, I've done nothing wrong?

We made it inside and Chase shut all the shutters and curtains before locking every door and coming to sit with me on the couch. "Lia I swear to god none of this has ever happened here, I don't know who the fuck is after me or you, but you can't be alone anymore." Chase told me and I just nodded as tears were rolling out of my eyes.

"I almost died. The bullet was right in front of my face, I COULD HAVE DIED!" I screamed and he sighed.
"That would have been terrible, but you survived and you will not leave my sight." Chase said and I sniffled while leaning my head on his shoulder.