Twenty-seven

Chases pov:
My ex was standing right in front of me and Paige asked what was going on, I tuned her out and asked myself what was going. "She had something on her face." I said and Lia nodded, "some dirt." She added.

Paige just looked at the two of us and slowly nodded her head, "Whatever. Chase the race starts in 5 minutes and Lia you can come stand by us and watch if you want." She looked at Lia and she nodded.

"Ok then." Paige said after awkward silence and I looked to see Lia staring at the floor, "see ya soon and good luck Chase." Paige winked at me and walked away, leaving Lia and I alone again.

I was thinking to myself and some words slipped out, "He's not a real boyfriend is he?" I asked Lia and she stopped playing with her phone and looked at me for a second and then went back to playing on her phone. "Where'd you hear that?" She asked.

"You can't make eye contact with me when I ask." She just rolled her eyes and stayed quiet.

After awhile of silence, Lia spoke up. "You made me do that. I can't look into your eyes anymore without feeling anything, I have to remind myself you were my past and it's not the past anymore." Lia started, I noticed she avoided eye contact and was talking super fast.
"I haven't gotten over you, I probably won't for awhile. Chase you were the first guy who showed me what it felt to be loved. You might have moved on well but I haven't and I still feel shitty because every damn second I see you, my hands get sweaty and fucking butterflies appear." She kept talking and was taking no time to breath.

"And then when I saw you with your girlfriend tonight before racing, we made eye contact for a split second and I about shattered. Wes is my really good friend from Illinois and he's been honestly my brother there so I lied just so people thought I was over you." She paused and I was trying to understand everything she was saying.

"Hold up." I said and she didn't hear me. "Lia!" I yelled and she paused and her eyes were filled with tears.
"What?" "Lia I rushed myself to get over you. I still miss you and I know that's wrong while I'm in a relationship so I'll break up with her to be with you. We don't connect like you and I did, it's different." I said and waited for an answer from frozen Lia.

"Fuck I just made you dump you girlfriend because of my problems. No Chase you stay with her. I shouldn't have said anything. Shit the race is about to start, Cmon." Lia yelled and grabbed my hand while rushing into the stadium and we went onto the track level and then she stood on the side while I went to line my bike up at the starting gates.

Lia's pov:
What did I do? I opened my big ass mouth and dumped my thoughts, now I'm basically breaking up my ex and his girlfriend. I don't even want to date Chase. Why would I go back to my ex if it's just going to cause problems again?

I explained the whole story to Paige while holding Lennon in my arms and completely forgetting about the race going on, right in front of us.

"Well, I mean you already broke them up so you might as well get back with him if you still feel something every time you see him. And it's not like a bad breakup where y'all cheated on each other, it was because you left. So I don't think it would be terrible, plus everyone still thinks you guys will become a thing." Paige said and I groaned but thanked her.

"And your 450 main event winner is Chase Sexton!" Carmichael announced really loudly, the crowd was pretty loud and I realized what happened. I held onto Lennon and jumped up and down while made her giggle. Paige looked at me with a smile and I realized what she meant.

After Chase was done with interviews, he got a podium picture and then he walked over to his girlfriend. My heart sank because he hadn't broken up with her, she went to give him a kiss but he avoided it. She had a puzzled look on her face and Chase pulled her into a corner and they talked for awhile.

I just waited in the same spot because I didn't know what to do, Adam came up to me and messed up my hair. "What are you doing?" He asked and looked where I was looking. "Watching them?" He asked and I nodded. "They broke up, because of me." I mumbled.

"Wait what?" Adam said and I nodded. "I opened my mouth and sort of spilled my thoughts in front of Chase at the break in between main events and he felt the exact way." I explained the story to Adam and he just nodded. "I knew it! Forkner owes me 20 bucks!" Adam cheered and I groaned.

"You betted on me getting back with my ex?" I yelled and he laughed and nodded. "Fucker that's so messed up." I said but Adam just smiled and walked away to find Austin. I just shook my head at those damn Kawasaki boys.