Forty-six

Gabriella's pov:
Lia was freaking out, luckily I've gone through this before so I know how she feels.

"Lia calm down, Chase will stay with you no matter what." I said and she stopped pacing.

"Shit how am I going to tell him this. Holy fuck I'm screwed!" She exclaimed and I tried not to laugh.

"I went through the same thing you're going through, Axell understood and look at him now, he's an amazing dad. Chase will be an even better dad to your kid and you will be an amazing mama." I tried to make Lia think positive.

"What if he breaks up with me? What happens if me getting shot affected this baby?" Lia started rambling, luckily the doctor came in and answered all of her questions.

"So you're about 11 weeks in the journey. You never felt any symptoms before this?" Lia kinda shook her head but nodded it too. "Well I didn't think it was because I was pregnant, that's for sure." She said and I laughed. We got all signed out and I drove Lia back home, she quickly went up to her room and probably cried for awhile.

"What's wrong with her?" Axell asked and handed me Ava, "don't tell anyone, I don't know if she wants me to tell you but I have to. She's pregnant." I whispered and Axell dropped the cup in his hand, luckily it was plastic. "What the fuck, Chase better run for it." He said and I grabbed his arm before he ran up the stairs.

"Stop. Axell she's not taking the news very well, don't yell at her. But give her a few moments to herself, she didn't seem fine at the doctors afterwards." I said and Axell just nodded and sat down on the couch and I joined him.

"You can't be mad at her, I mean we did the same thing. We didn't really plan to have Ava but look at us now, I survived and she's a happy, healthy baby." I tickled our daughters stomach and she giggled and threw her hands everywhere. "That is true, but she can't race anymore this season." Axell said and my heart broke for poor Lia, she deserves to finish the season.

Lia's pov:
I ran up to my room and locked the door, I didn't want to tell Axell or Chase. I wanted to move back to Illinois, by myself, and leave this place forever. Normally people are excited when they hear this news, but I'm just scared more than anything. Hell I can't even babysit Ava for one night without her crying and begging to get away from me.

I ended up falling asleep and then I heard my bedroom doorknob rattle, I sniffled and stood up to unlock the door. Axell saw me and he raised an eyebrow, I was wearing sweats with a sports bra and my hair was all a mess and probably my makeup too. "Gabriella told me, that's amazing but probably a little scary?" He asked and I just nodded and more tears came out, Axell opened his arms and I walked right into his hug.

We both sat on my bed and he was rubbing my shoulder. "It's ok to be scared, I didn't know what was going to happen when Gabriella told me about Ava." Axell said and I just listened.

We talked for a little bit longer and I was starting to feel better, "of course I'm keeping the baby it's just I'm scared for Chase's reaction." I said and the doorbell went off, shit. "Well now's the time." Axell said and left while I just stayed in my room.

Chase came upstairs and saw me crying, "Hey pretty girl what's wrong?" He asked and I just laid on his shoulder. "How'd the doctors go?" He asked. I explained the whole story to him and his jaw dropped.
"What about the pill?" Chase asked, "I may have missed it a few nights." I mumbled and he just shook his head. "You were the idiot that didn't use protection!" I yelled back and he just hugged me.

"Calm down I was joking, how far along?" Chase asked and placed his hand on my stomach that wasn't viewable. I laughed while he went down and whispered, "little Sexton you are in for one helluva journey." Chase said and I giggled. "Wait this is my kid right?" He joked and I nodded. "Yes stupid." He pushed me against the bed and passionately kissed me. "Let's not go too far, that's how this starts." I pointed to my stomach and he laughed but continued to kiss me all down my neck, that's all.

That night at the dinner table we all talked about how life is going to be a little different, Gabriella told me all about her journey and Axell told Chase his side of the story. We decided that I was going to move in with Chase for a little while and then once I'm further into my pregnancy, we will both move back here to the Hodges house.

"I love you pretty girl." Chase said before giving me a kiss goodnight, "love you too handsome." He smirked at the nickname and he placed his hand on my stomach as I slowly closed my eyes and fell asleep.