Forty-three

Axell's pov:
The races went pretty good that night, Lia got second in the heat and then placed third in the main event. McAdoo won and then Jett, then my sister. I found Lia after and she stood by me to watch the races on the track level. We both cheered when Tomac went across the finishing jump and won the main, then Chase, then Roczen.

We met up with Adam and Chase after supercross was done and decided to go get ice cream. Lia and Chase were holding hands the whole time and I kept a close eye on them because of what I heard from earlier, I didn't know if it was 100 percent true, but it sounded true and I was grossed out. I didn't need to know about my little sisters life like that...

Lia's pov:
"Hey I'll be right back, I gotta answer this." I answered my phone and walked outside of the ice cream shop, "hey Wesley whatsup?" I asked. "Nothing much. Sorry I wasn't able to make it to your race tonight, there was a family emergency and then I missed my flight. You were good on tv though." Wes said.

"Oh it's fine. Sorry about your emergency, I'm at ice cream right now with Adam, Axell, and Chase celebrating right now actually." I explained and we talked for a little while longer. I was starting to sweat in my gear because I didn't really have time to take it off, something was off and I started to feel scared.

"Ok Wes well I'm gonna go inside, see ya next race?" I asked, I turned the corner and was facing the ice cream shop and was about to start walking when there was a loud bang. I fell to the floor and screamed, "Lia!" Wesley yelled into the phone, I didn't know what just happened. I saw a door open and the boys running towards me, but it was very faint and I couldn't see details.

I think it was Axell who saw me laying on the floor, but I only remember looking at him once before blacking out.

Chase's pov:
Adam, Axell, and I were all waiting for Lia to finish her phone call outside. We heard a loud bang and it sounded like a gun shot, all of us ran outside to make sure Lia was ok but we realized she wasn't. She was laying on ground, with her phone in her hand and her eyes closed. I thought she was dead.

I freaked out a bit, did someone kill her? Is she breathing? None of us knew what to do except ask Wesley what he heard and call 911. Wesley said he heard a loud bang but didn't hear Lia say anything, we hung up the phone when the paramedics got here and explained what happened as best as we could.

"Ok thank you boys, does one of you want to ride with her to the hospital?" A paramedics lady asked, I nodded and pushed Axell towards the ambulance and he quickly followed the girl into the back while Adam and I got in my truck and went to the hospital.

I couldn't go into Lia's room and Adam couldn't either, Axell was in there for a little but until he got kicked out of the room because he wasn't her guardian. Us 3 just sat in the waiting room and waited for a story or any type of news. Gabriella came to the hospital about 30 minutes later with baby Ava asleep in her arms, "oh god what happened?" She had tear streaks down her face, Axell kissed her and his baby girl before explaining the little information we know. "That's terrible, is it her stalker?" She asked and Axell changed his mood again.

Adam and I looked at each other and shrugged our shoulders. I ended up taking a short nap before the doctor came into the waiting room to give us a story, "Lia got shot in her shoulder, this caused her body to go into shock and she blacked out due to the amount of blood that was lost. So we fixed the wound but she doesn't need surgery luckily, but she hasn't woken up yet." The doctor explained and we all just nodded. "Thank you." Axell lifted his head from Gabriella's shoulder.

"You can visit her but I'm not sure she's going to wake up for awhile." The doctor said, "k Axell you guys go visit her first." Adam and I said, Axell nodded and grabbed Gabriella's hand and gave me Ava to watch for awhile. The baby woke up and started to cry a little bit while they were gone, so I handed her to Adam and she was silent. Ava kept giggling at Adam's stupid faces he was making and she was clapping her hands together, Axell and Gabriella came back out a few moments later and sighed.

Axell was quiet but Gabriella still had tears coming down her face, "she's not awake yet." She mumbled and I took a deep breath, "you can go Adam." I patted his shoulder and he just nodded and walked over to room 15.

About 10 minutes later he came back, "they are doing more tests to make sure she will wake up..." Adam said and I saw a tear escaped Axell's eye. Adam sniffled and I just buried my face in my hands. Cmon pretty girl, pull through.