Seventy-one

Lia's pov:
Gabriella and Ava came upstairs once I had just put on my jeans, "hey gorgeous girl." Gabi gave me a hug and I smiled, "says you!" I looked at her cute black dress and then down at Ava the two year old, wearing a matching dress to her mommy.

"Hey Ava bear." I poked her side and she smiled but hid behind Gabriella, "come on Ava, it's Auntie Lia." She pulled Ava from behind her and I picked her up. "You look so cute matching you mommy." I said and she smiled. "Thank you." She mumbled and I laughed. "Let's go wake up the birthday girl." I said and we all went into Nova's nursery and I put Ava down so I could pick Nova up.

"Come on girl." I whispered and then she started crying, like she normally does. "No no Nova, don't cry." I said and bounced her while Gabriella chuckled and Ava looked scared. Nova wouldn't stop crying and I knew how to fix it, we went downstairs and as soon as she saw Chase, she stopped crying and reached for him. "Of course, she doesn't like me anymore." I said and handed her to her daddy, "don't say that." Chase said and I just shrugged my shoulders.

The rest of the people came and we ate lunch and then it was time for presents, Chase and I sat down on the floor and Nova crawled over to Chase and sat on his lap. Rylee handed me the gifts and I started to untie some of them for Nova, she started crying because she saw me touching her presents.

I just rolled my eyes, "Nova calm down I'm trying to help you." I said and Chase laughed, he helped Nova unwrap all them and all the girls 'awwed' when she would cuddle the stuffed animal or I would hold up a new outfit. We thanked everyone for their gifts and then it was dessert time, Paige brought out the cake and Adam's eyes widened and Nova started to drool.

"Happy birthday to youuuu!" We all sang, "yay!" Everyone clapped when Nova tried to blow out the candle, she grabbed the candle so quickly that Chase couldn't pull her away. "Oh shit." I mumbled and then Nova screamed and started crying while waving her fingers everywhere. Chase ran over to the sink and put the her fingers under the water while she still was screaming, "sorry 'bout that." I said and everybody removed their hands from their ears and laughed, "it's ok."

Chase brought Nova back over to the cake and I re-lit the candle but this time, when Nova started to get close to the cake, Chase pulled her back quickly and she didn't burn herself again.

Everyone was enjoying their cake while Nova had no clue what to do with it, she was putting her hands in her slice and rubbing it all over herself. She looked at Adam who was next to her and he smiled so she rubbed it all over his face, "ah thank you Nova." Adam said and I snorted because he had frosting all over.

The party ended and everyone started leaving but Paige insisted and helped clean up, "thank you so much." I said and gave her a hug before she left. "Say bye bye Nova." I told Nova, she just looked at me and then she put her hand in the air towards Paige. "Bye Nova girl!" Paige waved and then she left.

There was a knock on our door and I was confused but answered it anyways, "oh hey guys!" I said and gave Chase's parents hugs. "Chase didn't tell you?" Keir asked and I nodded, "well he said it was ok for us to take Nova for the night and let you two have a date night for the first time in awhile." Mrs Sexton said and I thanked both of them. "Ok well come in while I get Nova and a bag for her." I said and then closed the door behind them. "Babe!" I yelled and ran upstairs, "your parents are here!" I ran right into Chase while entering the nursery. "Forgot to tell you sorry." He said and handed me a bag. "It's ok." I said and we both went downstairs to see Nova giggling with his parents.

"Ok if she gets fussy you can give her her blanket or stuffed animal." I said and showed them both, "she shouldn't get hungry but there's a bottle in there anyways along with an extra set of clothes and diapers." I explained and they nodded. "Ok goodbye Nova, love you." She turned her head the other way when I tried to give her a kiss, "Whatever." I mumbled and they laughed. Chase gave her a kiss goodbye no problem and then he handed Keir the car seat and we waved goodbye as they drove off with Nova all safe and buckled in.

"First birthday party was a success." Chase said once we locked the door, I nodded. "Hopefully she's good for them." I said and he laughed. "Now it's time for us to celebrate." Chase said and squeezed my hand. "Let me get some food in my stomach first." I said and he nodded and followed me into the kitchen.

I warmed up some rice from lunch earlier and then I was full, "ok babe, do anything you want now." I threw my plate away and he smirked. Before I knew it, I was lifted onto the counter and Chase had stood in between my legs and his lips found mine. I lifted his shirt up and then threw that on the floor, I turned around and quickly closed the window shade behind us and then Chase picked me up and we went to the living room.