Lonely Star Part 2

Emma's POV: It's now the day after me and Jenna ended things. I woke up and checked my phone immediately, that's when I remembered everything that happened. No more waking up to Jenna's texts, no more texting each other. No more anything with her. I think it'll always hurt a little when someone says her name. I wonder if she's thinking me, if we could've worked out in the end.

Jenna's POV: I woke up, feeling an immediate wave of sadness rush over me. I need to get over her somehow. I got out of bed and got ready. I walked to a coffee shop. I saw someone that was quite attractive. But my heart can't seem to let go of Emma. I walked over to the guy anyway.
"Hey." I said smiling.
"Hi." He said back.
"What's your name?" I asked
"Sam, what's yours?" He said
"Jenna." I said. He nodded his head.
"Did you want something to drink?" I asked.
"Sure." He said, his face lit up. I like this.
******
Me and Sam have been talking nonstop for a while at the shop. It was getting late, so I gave him my number. The sun was setting, I played my favorite playlist in my headphones. That's when all the memories of Emma washed up in my head. The playlist we made a while ago. My heart ached for her. And only her. I regret giving Sam my number. She's not a want, she's a need. I made this mistake. If I hadn't brought it up we would still be together. I know it's all my fault. My thoughts made the decision, but my heart knows the right way. I still felt the spark between us, I convinced myself that I wasn't good enough for her. The way she cared for me and didn't get mad at how I ended things is heartbreaking. She doesn't show that she's hurting, but deep down I know her heart is shattered like mine. My heart is so full of her I can hardly call it my own.

Emma's POV: I'm starting to feel like this is my fault. I should've been more understanding. I was but, my heart misses her too much, it only belongs to her. I want her to come back to me and make things right. I can't imagine her kissing someone else, the thought of her with another person makes me want to lay down and die. I wish that we were laying in the same sheets. The connection we both had is still with me, my heart keeps holding onto everything about her. I can't control the emotions my heart holds. I won't be able to hold her through the night of her darkest times, I just want to take her pain away and set her heart free, even if she's not with me. The memories we hold are too engraved in our minds we can't simply forget. I wish I had more time to pull everything together. Maybe if I didn't agree with her, if I didn't let things go, maybe. Just maybe we would be normal again. I made it seem like I didn't care, but I will always care. She will never be unloved by me, she's too entangled in my soul.
******
Jenna's POV: Later that night, I got a text from my phone. My heart jumped and my stomach turned. Every notification I got, I wished it was Emma. Telling me to come over. To make things right. But now I realized something. I need to make that change. I need to take matters into my own hands. I'm the one who made the mistake, I'm the one who needs to fix this. The text was from Sam. I'm not interested in him at all. I can't lead him on, I have to tell him it was a mistake, I was just bored.
"Hey, I'll pick you up soon for our date." The text read.
"Hey. I'm so sorry. I'm not interested anymore. I was just really bored and tried to make my life interesting with someone. You seem like a great person, but I can't go. I'm sorry." I texted back to him. I deleted his number before he could answer back. I opened Emma's contact, revealing all our messages. My heart was racing and pounding so much I had a headache. My breathing was uncontrollable, my hands were shaking. When if she doesn't want to talk. When if she moved on already. I can't overthink this. I'm texting her, expecting anything to happen. I began to type.
"I really need to talk to you Emma. Can I come over right now?" I stared at the message. My thumb was shaking, hovering over the send button. A tear rolled down my cheek. This is my one chance to make things right. If she declines, then that's it. I stared at the message for a little longer. After a lot of reconsideration, I didn't send it. I can't be a coward over text. I have to show up at her door. She won't decline me there. I got in my car and drove to her house, hoping she would be there.
******
I arrived at her house. When if she sees my car right now? When if she's not even home? I was beginning to get extremely nervous. My heart was hurting so bad. It's now or never. How badly do I want to fix this? Real bad. I immediately got out of my car, appearing assertive. I knocked on her door, standing there waiting for her. I covered the peep hole so she would be forced to see who it was. A couple of seconds passed, and she opened it.
"Jenna." She gasped. Her eyes immediately watered. I bit my lip, holding back my tears. I can't appear weak.
"What are you doing here??" She exhaled out. Her voice was shaking. She stepped out of the way to let me in.
"I realized I made a mistake Emma. I know I said you were wrong for me, but I lied to you. You run through my head all the time, you're too precious to forget. I tried to stop loving you, so I built walls around my heart and found other names to fill my mind with. I look at you and I just love you. My love for you is too strong to forget everything you've done. It terrifies me what I would do for you. I want you. In every shade that you come in. All the good and all the bad. I understand if you don't want me back. But I will wait for you, because honestly, I will never want anyone else but you. You're a blessing to wake up beside. I'd give it all just to hold you close. I promise to treat you better. I know it's my fault. All of it. I'm sorry I broke your heart, but I'll make sure to find every piece and fix you. I just need one chance, that's all I need from you. I will give you all my love everyday, like the past. I never fell out of love with you, and I never will. I can't go a day without you. My heart always comes back to you." I said, my voice beginning to shake.
"I knew you still loved me. I was waiting for you to show up sooner or later." Emma said with a smile. She immediately grabbed my shoulders and kissed me hard. I kissed back with the same amount of force, both of us getting lost in each other. I missed her. We continued to kiss for a while and eventually went upstairs. We were both lost, but I knew we'd find a way back to each other one way or another. Not every relationship is perfect. There will be storms and rainy days when the sunny ones are gone, but two can share an umbrella and get though them.