Lust For Life

Emma's POV: Me and Jenna have been friends for quite some time now. I'm always in such a good mood when I'm around her. She's just different from all the friends I've had in the past. They say I don't mix. When I talk, they either leave me talking, or threaten me. But Jenna is one of the few people that genuinely listens to me, and I admire it so much. Her dark filled eyes always studying every inch of my face when I talk. She seems intrigued about everything topic I talk about. I admire the beauty within her.
******
We took a metro to go walk around in a forest. I entered the automatic doors first, then Jenna followed right behind me. Jenna hung onto the metal bar above her with one hand, while the other was in her pocket of her black suit pants. She was also wear a black button up top with her sleeves rolled up to about halfway of her forearm. I was gazing at the way she was standing, I couldn't take my eyes away from her for some reason. I didn't realize that I wasn't holding onto anything, and the metro suddenly made a quick stop. I immediately jolted forward into Jenna's embrace from the sudden stopping. She quickly took her hand out of her pocket and caught me right on time. I grasped her shoulders, her hand on my lower waist.
"Oh- sorry." I said, my heart rate speeding up. Jenna looked at me and smiled for a bit.
"Don't worry I got you." She whispered in my ear very softly. I could hear the smile in her voice taunting me. Jenna let go of me, and I felt like a part of me was empty and missing something. I wanted to feel her touch my waist again, or just have her hand on me in some way. This random attraction thing to her had just begun. I've always seen her as a friends until now. How strange.
******
Me and Jenna got off the metro and bolted towards the exit of the station.
"I'll race you to the exit." Jenna said with a smirk. I immediately started sprinting as I heard laughter from behind me.
"I didn't say go!" She said giggling, running after me. Jenna was right behind me the whole time, but I managed to reach the exit before she did. I turned around as soon as I was outside and was immediately tackled by Jenna running full speed at me. I caught her in my arms pretty tightly.
"You knocked the wind out of me!" I said breathing heavily and smiling. Laughter filled my ears. The sweetest sound ever. She still had her arms wrapped around my upper waist, I took this opportunity to fix her bangs that were slightly out of place from running. I felt every second of the tension between us, it scared me. I could feel my ears heating up, as well as my cheeks. Jenna finally broke the silence.
"C'mon, let's go walk in the woods." She said pulling at my arm and dragging me with her. As we walked, we started to see less and less people walking by. The only thing that was heard in the background was our footsteps hitting the gravel.
"Don't worry, I've been in this forest before. No one comes here. It's like my secret hideout. Our secret hideout now." Jenna said, smiling at me as she said the last sentence. She was still holding onto my arm, so I pulled my arm away. Jenna glanced at my arm and at me quickly, then turned her attention towards the walk. I slowly moved my hand to her's and interlocked out pinkies together very softly. She looked down at our hands and smiled up at me, and so did I. I don't know why I did that, I didn't force myself to. But there was a desire that pushed me towards her more and more. We passed by quite a few of cabins, when we approach a beautiful open green field. I gasped in surprise.
"Jenna...this is amazing." I breathed out, my eyes fixed on the beautiful sight. She giggled in response and rested her head on my shoulder. Both of us were admiring the view.
"What are we doing, let's go!" I said running towards the grass as Jenna followed shortly. Jenna called my name from afar and I turned around, smiling widely as ever before.
"Catch me!" She said as she jumped into my arms again, her legs wrapped around my waist. Jenna kept giggling in my ear and I got so lost in that sound. I kept walking back and softly hit my back against a tree. Jenna unwrapped her legs from me and looked up into my eyes.
"Jenna." I softly whispered, my voice coming out a little raspy.
"Yes?" She whispered.
"You're different from everyone else." I said as my hands slowly crept up to her hips, gently holding her in place. She seemed to be interested in what I was about to say next because she leaned in a little closer.
"How do?" She said softly, standing on her tippy toes to reach me.
"When I talk, you look at me. When I say something about a flower, you look at the flower. Most people don't do that with me." Her brown eyes just looked at me with so much joy.
"Emma, lovely. I will always listen to you. No one else matters, I love when you open up to me. Please continue to." She said with a smile, but her eyes showed a bit of sadness for me. Jenna pushed me against the tree and hugged me. After a while, she pulled away.
"Tag, you're it!" She said as she quickly ran away in the field of grass. I ran after her, smiling the whole time. I was right behind her, inches away from tagging her. I grabbed her waist from behind and picked her up. Laughter was the only thing heard from us. I wanted to kiss her so badly, but I'm sure she only sees me as a friend. Nothing more. We eventually sat down and looked at the blue sky. I lied down next to her and just watched the stars. I noticed that Jenna was slightly shivering from being cold. I looked at her with curiosity.
"You know you can come closer. I don't bite."
"Hm, what a shame."