Bio

Name: Rosso Sparda Redgrave

His coat:

Alias: The Demon Slayer, The Demon Knight of the Round Table (When Azazel showed them the video of Rosso and Issei's exploits), Son of Dante, Grandson of Sparda, Descendant of Sparda

Personality: brave, serious, compassionate, wise, honorable, "smartass" (by Dante, Nico, Issei, Saji, and Lars/Takigawa), and kind-hearted

Background: Rosso Sparda Redgrave is the son of the Legendary Devil Hunter Dante and the Legendary Huntress Summer Rose. He was born a year before the events of Devil May Cry.

After Rosso was born, his father soon left him and his mother, not willing to get them wrapped up in his personal quest to hunt down Mundus. Not before he asked Taiyang his request to look after his wife and child for his sake, to which he wholeheartedly agrees since he too loves Summer as well. And so, Taiyang did his best to become the best stepdad to Rosso. About five years later, four years after Dante defeated Mundus, Rosso lives with his loving mother Summer; his dad-joke-loving stepfather Taiyang; his stepsister Yang who's the same age as him; and his 3-year-old half sister who was born from his mother and stepfather, Ruby Rose Redgrave. Occasionally, Dante came to visit Rosso and his family from time to time whenever he doesn't have any hunting missions to do. And Rosso would slowly understand why his dad leave him and his mother for a good reason.

About a month later, a 5-year-old Rosso and his family moved to Japan, and he was under the direct tutelage of Artoria Pendragon, who taught him how to wield a sword and a set of rules in hopes that he would be a brave selfless hero like his grandfather Sparda. Sadly, two years later, in the ill-fated duel between Artoria and the King of Heroes, when the latter saw Rosso and Ruby, who desperately tried to lift the Excalibur to help Artoria, the King of Heroes had the chance to kill these children. However... just when Gilgamesh is about to kill them... They saw Rosso's mentor had jumped in and shielded them, saving Rosso and Ruby from Gilgamesh's attack. Gilgamesh had gotten away, but not before Artoria placed a curse on him with the dagger she had. After causing his mentor's death by the rogue Hero Gilgamesh, a devastated Rosso is assured by Artoria's final thoughts: Take the Sword of the Promised Victory and be brave. Rosso and Ruby soon weep over his dead mentor by the time Summer and Tai had gotten here too late.