Chapter 21: Re:BorN - Alliance's Counterattack!

This morning, In the Gremory Mansion

The next day is up. And right now, Azazel was talking with Rosso, Jeanne, Rias, Issei, and their respective teammates inside his room.

Azazel: Loki will end up breaking free soon. Ajuka may be one of the current Four Satans, but he's facing a god.

Azazel was speaking to everyone in the room, his hands interlocked, addressing the situation.

Azazel: So, the cage Ajuka made would last by noon today, at the very latest. Lord Odin is heading back to Asgard to get a copy of Mjölnir. It's the most effective weapon to use against Loki.

When he said that, Rosso and his group understood the Hell Teacher's words since they learned histories and mythology in the past, just to prepare for the worst.

Rosso: A replica of Thor's hammer, right?

Azazel nodded at Rosso's guess in response before he glances at the latter and Sieg, knowing they possess both Excalibur of Promised Victory and Balmung - the Phantasmal Greatsword, having a higher chance to combine Mjölnir Replica's attack to defeat Loki and imprison the God of Mischief for good. And he believes a certain lewd Boosted Gear user can make that happen if he's able to wield the replica of Mjölnir.

Jeanne: But judging from the human timeframe, this would take us some time.

Viola: In other words, you need to send people in to slow him down, so the Mjölnir Replica would arrive, right? Then Rosso and the rest of us mercs and heroes are gonna join in for the frontlines.

Nero: In the meantime, the Toujou Family and myself will remain as the last line of defense if all else fails.

Azazel nod at Rosso's group in response to their logical thinking, regarding the situation to deal with Loki.

Azazel: You're right about that. Otherwise, Loki would recuperate enough energy to launch an attack and spark the war that the Khaos Brigade wishes for.

Rias: Aside from Rosso's group...Do you wish for us to go?

Azazel smirked as he answered Rias' question, knowing Sirzechs foresaw that Rias and her peerage are going to the frontlines with Rosso's group to slow him down.

Azazel: You can choose not to do so. If you did, there would be little problems. Your brother foresaw that you would offer to help slow him down, even if you were not told about the plan.

Rias: Yes. Then, the Gremory peerage offers to do so.

Rias willingly volunteers, having thought that it would be a good chance for her peerage to hone their skills.

Rias: *thought* This would also be a good chance for my Peerage to hone their skills that will be used in the Rating game afterwards, as well as help Koneko and Akeno overcome their insecurities.

Azazel: Good.

Azazel's smirk widened slightly before Jeanne talks about the risk of another large-scale war breaking out, and Sieg told them about Ragnarok.

Jeanne: If the Satan-Class Devils of each side make their move, there's a terrible chance another large-scale war will break out.

Sieg: If that happens, what Loki calls Ragnarok, a bloody, chaotic war that the Khaos Brigade wants, will begin.

Rosso: That's something for mercs and heroes like us we can't ignore. We're gonna make sure Loki's plans surely fail.

Gremory Team and Stardust Team (the name of Rosso's newly formed group), including Nero and Azazel, nod at Rosso's logical suggestion, knowing they can't let Loki have his way of wreaking havoc.