Interlude 2: The Ouroboros' Pursuit of Silence

At the same time, in another place...

Azazel: Ha...

Currently, he was flying off to a certain situation. Why? Because the purple jewel on his artificial Sacred Gear, Downfall Dragon Spear, the one with Fafnir residing within, was reacting strangely. And he knew the reason why.

Azazel: I took care of quite a number of devils from the Old Satan Faction in the Rating Game field. The rest of them should be easily taken care of by my trusted subordinates and Schicksal Security.

As he flew closer to the source of the disturbance, the jewel glowed brighter. As he got closer, he started to feel a hard-to-describe feeling. Like he was being crushed, yet having his entire existence, all his secrets, being exposed to the world. It was relieving, yet oppressive at the same time.

Azazel: *thought* This aura...

Eventually, he stood before the disturbance. The source of the aura that he felt...

Appearing before Azazel was the familiar black-haired girl with gothic lolita clothing, observing the center of the battlefield which had many temples lined up

Sharpening his eyes, Azazel slowly descended behind the girl, realized...NO...knew who she really is...

Azazel: ...I never expected you to show up personally.

She reacted to his voice. Laughing lightly, she turned to face him.

???: Azazel. It has been a while.

Azazel: Didn't you have the appearance of an old man before? Now you have the appearance of a beautiful little girl, you definitely have my respect. What are you plotting...Ophis?

Ophis: Only to observe.

With that response, she returned to her original position, earnestly looking over the battlefield. That creepy vibe that you can't describe only belongs to her. Azazel tensed up as he kept his guard up.

Azazel: *thought* The Uroboros Dragon, Ophis. No doubt about it. That's the boss of the Khaos Brigade. And the last time I met her, she was in the form of an old man, but this time she has the appearance of a black-haired girl... Well to her, appearance is only a decoration. She can change as much as she wants. And for her to personally come here, this means that this much terror is important to her.

As Azazel thought this, he acted.

Azazel: Sightseeing from such a good place, yes.....? But for the Boss to appear, huh? If I defeat you here, will peace finally be achieved?

Azazel immediately summoned a spear of light and pointed it at the humanoid dragon, with a bitter smile on his face. Yet in response to the obvious death threat, Ophis merely shook her head in reply with a void smirk.

Ophis: Impossible. You cannot defeat me.

Azazel: *thought* Tch. Just as I thought, I won't be able to defeat her by myself. I know that. But it's certain that the Khaos Brigade will collapse if I defeat her here.