Interlude 1: Nephilims, Limbo, Swords, and Herrschers

At The Gates of Hell

It was during the time when Nelvin and Glenn are having a serious conversation on the matter. And the part Glenn showed Nelvin the file he had provided.

In the very photo that he's looking at... people knew him as Kyle Ryder. But to the Shicksal Security and Nelvin, judging by the inverted three spots on the bald man's forehead, they had a hunch who that person is...

 But to the Shicksal Security and Nelvin, judging by the inverted three spots on the bald man's forehead, they had a hunch who that person is

Nelvin: *whispers* Mundus...!?

Glenn: Right you are. The Three-Eyed Bastard always finds a way and never stops taking over the human world...

Nelvin: Impossible! How is...

Glenn: The seal wasn't broken. It still remained the same. But knowing Mundus, he must have used the Ancient Demon Arts to possess humans... Or rather... created his own avatar body to link with his human avatar between his real body in the Depths of the Underworld.

That left the Phantom Knight stunned at the revelation after Schicksal Security provided solid proof for him and the Mischievous Rogue.

Nelvin: No way...

Glenn: That's not all. Mundus has access to the Limbo realm—one of the Nephilims' special worlds.

Nelvin: What?! Limbo realm? You mean...

Glenn: That's right. One that Sparda's fourth apprentice and very first adoptive daughter. She was the Last Nephilim during the Great War...

Nelvin: You mean Yuito's sister? Olivia Sumeragi? One of the heroes who brought miracles, hope, and purpose to bring balance and end the senseless bloody war?

Glenn nods as he and Nelvin could recount the story of the Nephilim's existence and a human warrior who fought alongside the Last Nephilim.

Glenn: Yup. Humanity's Strongest Warrior, Yuito Sumeragi, and his adoptive sister, Olivia, consider humanity's last hope and bring balance to the realms. Sadly, Olivia sacrificed her life to save her brother...

Nelvin: It's tragic to see Yuito's sister die in the final showdown between him and Mundus before our master arrives to aid the young warrior.

They could somberly remember the tragic tale of the Human Warrior who becomes a Demon who slays Demons, and the Last Nephilim who becomes the Beacon of Hope for the three realms.

Glenn: There was no sight of Nephilim, thousands of years ago... During the "Extinction of Nephilim" considering the strongest race and neutral beings bring balance between three realms. The purpose was to end the war...

Nelvin: *nods* To others who never understand... they considered the Nephilims to be cursed beings due to the forbidden love between Angels and Devils. But Nephilims are deemed to be stronger than Devils, Angels, Fallen Angels, and all other beings. Their great love for humanity attempts to become bridges to end the three-way conflict.