Chapter 37: Re:BorN - Showdown in the Tower!

Kuoh Town

In the hometown of Kuoh Town in the middle of the night. Things were very chaotic when the demonic Titans emerged along with demon beasts to boot. The World Serpent cultists also backed the Prince of Darkness' armies. The demons who serve the Prince of Darkness began wreaking havoc, terrorizing this peaceful town, and causing many of the citizens to panic as they ran for their lives dearly.

Luckily, a group of paranormal mercenaries along with the Schicksal Security, and the Japanese Hero Clan are currently dispatched to assess the situation. Sirzechs Lucifer, Azazel, and Michael also dispatch their troops to assist the teams in repelling the demonic invasion and taking down the World Serpent.

Amidst the panic, the ORC members along with Kasane's team (comprised of herself, Astolfo, Brian, and Flint) were dealing with tons of Mundus' armies that were threatening Kuoh Town. Kasane gracefully manipulates her knives with her psychokinesis, killing the incoming hordes of Marionettes preying on the helpless mother and daughter.

Kasane: Go! Get to the nearby shelter! It's not safe here!

Mother: Thank you...

Daughter: Thank you, Miss!

The helpless mother and her daughter listened to Kasane's warnings as they ran their way to the shelter. The Gifted Psychic quickly reacts when she unexpectedly notices... the lesser Lagunas descended down from the sky and were about to kill her. Kasane quickly jumps out of the way before the spears connect. Prepping her powers as she manipulates nearby objects, hurling them towards her enemies from the flanks like a pincer and killing them immediately.

Citizens A: Help!

Suddenly, she heard a distressed cry and noticed more demonic hordes (Marionettes, a Hell Antenora, and Nobodies) and the Lagunas (a Beloved and Affinities) were attempting the assault the terrorized citizens. She quickly rushed in front of them and used her powers to create a makeshift wall, impeding the beasts' attempts to prey on the helpless. The citizens were awed that they were saved by a Psychic Mercenary.

Kasane: I will not let any of you kill any more victims!

Kasane sprang into action and delivered a series of five-consecutive mid-range knives-slashing attacks against her enemies before finishing up with an AoE damage by spinning her knives around her like a tornado, killing the Marionettes, Nobodies, leaving only Hell Antenora and Beloved remaining.

???: Thunder!

*BANG!* *BANG!* *BANG!*

Then she noticed a barrage of bullets and holy lighting struck down one of the intended targets: A barrage of bullets piercing into the Beloved before exploding into chunks of shells and a holy lightning strike against the Hell Antenora, temporarily paralyzing the demon.

Kasane glanced behind her and saw Flint dual-wielding his revolvers, and then looking above was Akeno donning the priestess attire, aiming her power at the enemy. With no time to think, Kasane reacts and dashes at Hell Antenora and quickly dodges the berserk demon's cleaver at the last minute with a leap before delivering two consecutive aerial attacks.

Kasane: Prepare to die!

After staggering Antenora, the Gifted Psychic used her psychokinesis to disarm Antenora's cleavers, then launched that beast up in the air. With the right momentum, Kasane combines her levitating throwing knives, the Butterfly, with an enhanced attack from her powers, slicing Antenora in half before it explodes into dust as she lands her feet on the ground.

Kasane: That takes care of the demons. At least we saved some of the people.

She glanced at some of the innocent bystanders, who thanked her for saving them before finding the nearby safe shelter. After she receives gratitude from them, Kasane then meets up with Flint and Kasane.