The Story So Far in Devil May Cry 5...

Rosso's narration: Okay people, let's do this one last time! My name is Rosso Sparda Redgrave, the son of the Legendary Devil Hunter Dante Sparda and the Legendary Huntress Summer Rose. For the past four years since I was 12, I've been one of the known mercenaries who call myself the Demon Slayer. If you're wondering how I came back to Japan? Well... Long story short...

Thus the scene rewinds back to the events of Devil May Cry 5...

Rosso's narration: It all started when my cousin Nero is having a normal and usual day with his partner and armsmith Nico, and his beloved girlfriend Kyrie. On April 30th... we thought Nero is gonna enjoy a peaceful life with Kyrie and Nico...

April 30th, 5:45 PM

At Nero & Kyrie's apartment, by the garage... both Nero and Nico are working on the DMC RV, performing maintenance. Nico is doing some work under the RV's underside while Nero works on the hood.

Nico: Why do I feel like your pet mechanic? Don't get used to it...

Nero: Nico, I showed you those Order docs. So you still owe me one, remember?

Then a familiar voice who's none other than Kyrie calls out to Nero and Nico.

Kyrie: Hey, you two! Dinner's ready!

Nero: Be right there! Hey, why don't you go ahead? I'm gonna finish up here.

Nico: I'll try to save you some... Not.

Nico jokes before she leaves and heads inside for dinner.

Rosso's narration: Oh boy... we were wrong... He was about to fix the engines of the RV until suddenly... he was approached by a mysterious hooded cloaked stranger who looks dead from the inside...

As Nero is fixing the hood of the RV, a hooded man appears before Nero outside of the barely open garage door

Nero: You, uh, you need something?

The hooded man doesn't respond, only audibly breathing.

Nero: What is it, you hungry? Well, you're in luck pal, 'cause food's ready and Kyrie always makes too much. Hope you like loud talkers, too, 'cause we got a pair of those upstairs.

Nero isn't paying attention as the hooded man steps inside the garage, he is now right behind Nero. The Devil Hunter soon notices the hooded man next to him and becomes increasingly suspicious.

Nero: You see something you like?

Nero's Devil Bringer begins to glow as it reacts to the hooded man, realizing who that hooded man is...

Nero: What the hell? You a demon?

Kyrie: Nero, the food's getting cold. What goin--?

Nero: Kyrie! Get back inside, now!