Chapter 2: Prologue - Acceptance

Monday Morning. Devil May Cry.

It's been about a day since the skirmish with "Shizuku". Everything is quite silent and peaceful since then. But today, was the worst day for Rosso, of all time. All because his jackass of a father, who was stuck in the underworld along with his uncle Vergil after the Qliphoth incident, can't do anything right after so many years.

Here in Devil May Cry, Rosso was in the kitchen, getting a bowl of cereal, then checking the fridge until he found out they were out of milk. He went to see Nero and Nico, who was making some fine-tuning and improvements on his cousin's Devil Breaker, and letting them know they've run out of milk.

Rosso: Hey, guys! We're out of milk.

Nero: What? Shit... you're gonna have to do some groceries in our place.

Rosso: *sigh* Let me guess, there's another client who needs some exterminating to do, right?

Nico interrupts herself from work as she flips up her welding mask and lets out her signature toothy grin.

Nico: Damn right. You know how Nero and I were quite busy with monster huntin' and all.

???: Not to mention, Dante still gonna have to pay me back the debt he owes me.

The trio turned to the source of the voice and saw one person they knew, the one standing at the front door with her hands on her hips was a woman with heterochromatic eyes (red on her left and bluish-green on her right), s short-length ragged short bob style with a full fringe hairstyle. Her main outfit is a combination of both military and casual style; an off-white leather short jacket with a white long-sleeved blouse that shows off her midriff and was accessorized with gray and black rider goggles and a black buckled belt which is connected to her jacket, black shorts with matching leg warmers which are connected to her shorts that resembles leggings. She wears a black skirt and her weaponry along with black boots. She also wears black fingerless gloves and black/gray nail polish. What's even more noticeable is that she carries a black M20 rocket launcher on her back with a long, serrated bayonet attached to the rocket launcher.

This woman is one of Dante's known best friends and associates, a Devil Hunter who literally and simply goes by the name Lady.

The Walking Arsenal: Lady

Rosso: Big Sis Lady?

Nero: Lady? How did you find us pretty easily?

The heterochromatic Devil Hunter let out her knowing grin as she answers Nero's question.

Lady: Oh please, it's me that Dante and Trish are talking about. I know everything.

Rosso: Our well-known broker, Morrison, right?

Lady: Bingo.

Rosso: *sigh* I know my dad may be the biggest womanizing cheapskate when it comes to owing debs to you, a LOT. But at least he still has a good side in him.