Chapter 20: Re:BorN - Attack of the God of Mischief and the God-Devouring Wolf!!

At the High-Class Hotel

When Rias had left the now partially destroyed hotel with Issei and Koneko, and Rosso after a few minutes. He assures them that he only told them about the Khaos Brigade's structure, the fact that the two strongest factions of the said terrorist faction only saw their leader as a figurehead, and the fact that the independent group called themselves Vali Team pledge absolute loyalty to Ophis. After a few minutes, she and Rosso arrived back. And in the main hall, they heard a familiar voice of a straw-blonde-haired Saint.

Jeanne: Rias! Rosso!

Jeanne rushed to her boyfriend and embraced him, once again, feeling glad that he was still alright.

Rias: Jeanne. I presume you were waiting for my younger brother figure, right?

Jeanne: Yup~!

Jeanne gleefully chirped back before she continued snuggling into Rosso's chest, much to the Demon Slayer's surprise at how affectionate his girlfriend was showing him.

Rosso: *blinked* You sound awfully chippy today, Jeanne.

Jeanne: We also met not just Basara's group since our training. We've met Charlemagne, Zest, and Chisato just now. Aren't you excited?

Rosso: Wow! That is good news! Anyway, sorry I made you worry, Jeanne. Though I'm alright, nothing can kill a merc like me.

Jeanne: You're such a snarky smartass as Nero would say.

The Demon Slayer and the Holy Maiden Savior could chuckle at this before they broke their hug, their expression became serious about what was going on.

Rosso: Anyway, I assume you were there in the venue, right?

Jeanne: *nods* Yes. And I can also assume you've faced the members of the Khaos Brigade?

Rias: Correct, Jeanne. Maybe we could all have some tea and snacks after we tell each other about what happened before we take a quick bath and get some rest for tonight. Azazel won't be coming back until tomorrow early morning, so it's pointless in waiting for him.

At Rosso & Jeanne's Room

Soon, Jeanne leads the way to Rosso and Jeanne's room, seated at the table.

And so, both the Demon Slayer and the Crimson-Haired Ruin Princess told Jeanne about what had happened so far: Their encounter with Kuroka, the Stray Devil who affiliated with the Khaos Brigade, Bikou had shown up as well to join her fray, and then she trapped them in the barrier she had conjured before the fight begins. Fortunately, Tannin was there as well as he lends the youths his aid in fighting Wukong's mischievous descendant. Not only that, Rosso and Koneko's words motivated Issei to achieve Balance Breaker through "special" means and beat Kuroka without landing a single hit on her. But what's even more shocking is that the direct descendant of King Arthur, a gentleman named Arthur Pendragon, appeared before them and intervened. Then Arthur challenged Rosso to a duel until he lost to the latter by close call before the former finally left with Bikou and Kuroka.

Jeanne: So Stray Devil named Kuroka was here to take Koneko away from Rias' peerage, but failed. And we never thought Bikou appeared as well. But... the descendant of Artorius... to think that he sided with the Khaos Brigade...

Rias: Yes. He's also in the possession of the Holy King Sword Caliburn, he also has the last Excalibur Starlight fragment, Excalibur Ruler.

Rosso: Not only he's referred to as the Strongest Holy Sword User, but he's no pushover either. I could compare that to Vali's strength when I fought him.

Jeanne held her chin in thought, processing and understanding what her boyfriend was saying that describes the situation they got involved.

Jeanne: I see... this is pretty troublesome... Now that you've told me everything that happened in the forest... I guess you want to know what happened at the party, right?