Chapter 34: Re:BorN - Rosso's Two-Year Tragic Past

Hyoudou Residence/Devil May Cry

A few hours after the Sports Festival is canceled due to the unforeseen incident, the ORC along with the DMC crew gathers at Devil May Cry. Theresa, Jin, Basara, and Mio soon arrive to join in as well. While Issei along with Himeko is being patched up by Asia and Jeanne, Glenn informs them of the most dangerous, and fanatic terrorist faction: The World Serpent.

He told them that their goal was to gather the Herrschers, wipe out the human race, and create a so-called "New World Order". And he explains the gist of it, informing them that the ones who lead the World Serpent are Kevin Kaslana, Theresa's distant ancestor, and the other... none other than the Prince of Darkness... the King of the Underworld... Mundus.

Upon informing them of this, Trish and Lady are quite shocked at how Mundus is still active, even after Dante sealed him 16 years ago on Mallet Island.

Nero: Wait! So you're saying Mei was here!? And she took our cousin somewhere?!

Viola: You're not bullshitting us, are you?

Himeko: It's her... It's definitely her. Glenn and I recognize her face and her voice, better than anyone.

Nico: Well shit... Looks like the fight between lovebirds never ends. Much like how Dante and Vergil pitting each other to death.

Nero somberly agrees with Nico's comparison before Irina sadly replies.

Irina: This is just too awful... a love between the devil boy and the human girl had torn apart...

Sieg agrees with Irina's sad assumption since he and Astolfo heard the entire story from Jeanne last year.

Sieg: *sighs sadly* To think Mei would attack our best friend...

Astolfo: Even we knew Rosso would never hurt anyone close to him.

Koneko: But why...?

Everyone just stood there in silence as Asia and Jeanne were healing Issei and Himeko's wounds. As for Glenn, he's been looked after by Theresa, Jin, and Azazel.

Jin: How are you holding up, Glenn?

Glenn: Been through a lot worse if you try fighting a guy in scorched armor.

Azazel: Well, don't push yourself, buddy. We don't wanna lose you too.

Glenn: Thanks, Jin. Azazel. I appreciate you guys and Himeko looking out for me.

Himeko, who is seated next to Glenn, leans her head on his shoulder. Then Theresa gave Glenn a brave face and motioned him not to feel so down for once.

Theresa: Himeko told me everything, Glenn. Remember, we're all here for you. You don't have to do everything alone.

Glenn: Thank you...

Trish: Anyway, Lady and I are still mad at you for not telling us about Mundus a little sooner! How could you keep that away from us!?

Glenn: If I told you ladies about this, you would freak out.

Lady: We have the right to freak out! Do you have any idea how it hurts when you keep something from us!?

Glenn: *sigh* Yeah. I do.

Himeko: Trish, Lady. Please calm down, he did this for a reason. Ever since his brothers were separated, he's been through a lot of depression lately. And after he got over it, he bears so many responsibilities, he wants to make everything right again.

Trish and Lady took some time to hear out Himeko's words, and they eventually relented. They knew they couldn't bring themselves to lash their frustration at Glenn since they had similar treatment as well.