Chapter 27: Re:BorN - The Night Before the Rating Game!

The Gates of Hell. Two Days Later. Three Days Before the Rating Game.

Two days after the whole Diodora Astaroth fiasco, the Stardust Team decided to head to The Gates of Hell with Griffon, meeting up with Morrison, DMC's favorite and reliable Broker, and Rodin, the Armsmith Supreme

Two days after the whole Diodora Astaroth fiasco, the Stardust Team decided to head to The Gates of Hell with Griffon, meeting up with Morrison, DMC's favorite and reliable Broker, and Rodin, the Armsmith Supreme. While Theresa is going to be late due to the job she's partaking in. And last but not least, Cheshire pops out of Mab Dachi, having a good leisure time with smoking his pipe.

Rodin: So? How are the preparations for the Rating Games coming along?

Morrison: Pray to tell, kids, we would be so eager to hear its gist.

Rosso: Nelvin phoned me that it's a-okay. But there's one particular matter we need to discuss...

Jeanne: *sternly* The upcoming match between our friend Rias against the devil we grew suspicious of... Diodora Astaroth...

As she concludes the sentence with a name, an intense atmosphere grew, and Rodin silently snarls when the name of Ajuka's arrogant younger brother. That left everyone by surprise they had a feeling the Armsmith/Bartender grew a big disdain on that smug dark-green-haired devil, they could tell by his glowing red eyes behind his sunglasses.

Rodin: The shitty heir to the Astaroth family...

Morrison: What about him?

Sieg: Something about him doesn't feel right. After Rosso and Jeanne informed me about their early encounter with him, we can suspect he was up to something. But what...?

Viola: What's the sitch regarding the Khaos Brigade's activities?

Rodin: That deadbeat Blazer Shining or Darkness Blade Governor has been on a fritz lately. Those motherfuckin' bastards haven't pulled any shits so far since Loki's huge stunt at the conference last month.

Griffon notices Rodin's mood before he asks him about Diodora. Even Chesire growls when the name of a disgraced devil is mentioned.

Cheshire: *growling*

Griffon: Wow, sound like you hated him, big guy.

Rodin: I don't... That boy's not fit to run his family biz.

Rosso: Looks like we're on the same page here, Rodin. We don't trust that smug bastard.

Viola: I could tell there's a scam when I see one.

As they discuss the topic regarding Diodora and his shady motive, they heard the bell ring and saw Theresa appear at the doorstep, seeing her late due to her duties.

Theresa: Hey, everyone. Did I miss something?

Astolfo: Though you're a bit late, Theresa, we were discussing something about Diodora's motive before moving on to the more pressing matters.

Sieg: Something about the previous heir to Glasya-Labolas' death...

Though they were eager to investigate what happened to the previous heir to Glasya-Labolas, Morrison reminded them to stay on the topic.