Chapter 32: Re:BorN - The Calm before the Storm...

Two Days Later... Hyoudou Residence/Devil May Cry

It's been almost two days since the canceled Rating Games. A lot of things happened in the bloody aftermath due to the Khaos Brigade's terrorist activities and their failed attempts to eradicate the Three Factions' leaders and their allies...

Rosso: Dammit... I'm very swamped with writing reports regarding the two-day incident in the Rating Game.

Here in Devil May Cry, Rosso is in the main lobby of DMC Paranormal Investigation Agency, swamped with writing reports on his laptop very often after finishing his afterschool homework, in the aftermath of the incident... known as Old Satan Faction's attack on the Youth Devil Rating Game Tournament. He had written what had transpired so far: The match between Rias and Diodora is officially canceled; Diodora is dead; the remaining members of Diodora's peerage are arrested by the Schicksal and sentenced to rehabilitation.

As for the Khaos Brigade, the Old Satan Faction has collapsed due to losing its core members: Creuserey is dead, slain by Nelvin; Shalba was presumably annihilated by Issei's Juggernaut Drive; And the word from the Three Factions and Schicksal is that Vali has no interest in taking their place as their leader. In short, the Old Satan Faction is practically finished.

Sadly, the House of Astaroth lost many of its privileges on account of Diodora's heinous crimes. Lord Astaroth was forced to step down as the head of the clan and lost the right to produce the next Satan candidate. But thanks to Theresa and Glenn bringing up the evidence along with Celeste's testimony, and the fact Diodora is acting alone without his clan's knowledge, the Astaroth Clan receives leniency for the time being until the new heir will restore the family name. The current Beelzebub, Ajuka, was asked to take responsibility for this incident. But from what Rosso could tell, Ajuka was also having hands full dealing with the assault from the Khaos Brigade during the incident as well.

Thankfully, Sirzechs, Serafall, and Fabium stood up and defended him. Even Glenn and Nelvin threaten the current devil government if they ever used Ajuka as a scapegoat. And so, without a word and not willing to face two Knights of Sparda's wrath, the devils' animosity towards Ajuka suddenly died down.

Let's not forget about Schicksal on the matters regarding the attempt of extreme measures. Karen Travers, the Major General of Schicksal Security's 4th Division was court-martialed and sentenced to prison by Abby Garnet and her colleagues; thus, he lost his qualification as one of the leaders of the 4th Division and was severely demoted to Lieutenant as a result.

It was thanks to Abby being informed of the report by three key members who are against Travers' extreme, inexcusable method: Captain Glenn Smith, Major Himeko Murata, and Commander Theresa Kaslana.

Surprisingly, Commander Fubuki Spring is willing to take responsibility for his colleague's extreme method, which brings Travers working under him for the time being. Though none of the members really approve of that.

As for Issei... let's just leave that for now.

After Rosso finally finished writing his report, he leaned back on his chair, stretched his arms, and let out a BIG, tiring sigh. Feeling very swamped that he has to write a report on the incident.

Rosso: *sighs heavily* Done. I'm calling it a day. It's been two days since Issei went into a coma. I'm sure my buddies and I are so worried about him, that made Sirzechs send Grayfia, and brought Millicas with her, to visit our pervy buddy more often. Even my girlfriend Jeanne sends him a fruit basket when we came to check up on him.

Unbeknownst to the young mercenary, Xenovia sneaks him from behind until she stood beside him, leaning close to his ear and whispers with sweet words.

Xenovia: Rosso~