Chapter 40: Re:BorN - REBORN! The Demon Knight of the Round Table!!!

Inferno

On the desolated battlefield, in the middle of the ongoing war... Glenn and his teams along with Mei watched above... the aerial standoff between the newly reborn Demon Knight of the Round Table and the Ruthless Flame chaser continues.

Two swordsmen glared at one another, eye-to-eye, for a moment... As Kevin glared intentionally at the newly revived Demon Knight, his teeth gritted with subtle hatred towards the latter with bated breath.

Kevin: ... *growls* Yuito... I will never forget... the day you destroyed my life... GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

Rosso: ... *growl* RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Their opposing roars shook the 7th level of the Underworld. This signifies the start of the battle between the Demon Knight of the Round Table and the Fallen Flamechaser of Darkness.

*SWOOSH! CLANG!*

The fight begins with the two swordsmen propelling at each other, engaging in a high-speed aerial battle as they clash their swords intensely. So intense, that it nearly sends a pulse of shockwave shook the ground. Glenn and his teams braced themselves, yet everyone didn't waver since they were willing to watch the fight till the end.

As the clash between Rosso and Kevin ensues until their blades are locked in a furious struggle, the Deliverance swings his tail and pushes his opponent away from him, staggering and disorienting Rosso.

Rosso: Gah!

Kevin: You pitiful excuse of a Sparda! I'll end you!

Taking advantage of the momentum, the First Progenitor of Kaslana lunged toward his opponent with his Might of An-Utu... Yet, unexpectedly, Rosso did not evade and instead counter-bashed Kevin's attack with just a swing of his left arm and the red mirage swords conjured on a said arm which serves as a shield.

The crowds who witnessed the fight are utterly surprised at how Rosso was able to intercept Kevin's attack like it was nothing to him.

Kevin: WHAT!?

Rosso: Sorry, Kevin. I ain't gonna die today! After all... I still have a promise to keep!!!

Rosso retorts as he throws his energy-surging punch in his left free hand at Kevin, who was caught off-guard and indirectly gave himself an opening, landing directly at the latter face which blasted the Serpent away.

Issei: Woah... unbelievable!!!

Nero: Woah indeed, Issei! My cousin parried the hit like it was nothing to him!

Viola: Kick his ass, Rosso!!!!

Mio: Kill that bastard more than a hundred times over, Rosso!!!

Rias: Win this fight! For all of us! For the sake of your friends and your family! And for us too!

As the trio of girls cheered him on, Mei was still kneeling on the ground, watching the battle with tears welling on her sad face. She felt a familiar warmth feeling, back when her powers went out of control... Rosso came to save her from the depths of loneliness and despair that were eating her. It became clear to her... that no matter what danger befalls her... Rosso will always be there for her... After all, he did have a promise to keep.

Mei: *sob* Rosso... you idiot... *sob* I can't believe you came back for me... *sniff*

Now, back to the fight. As Kevin was sent flying in the aerial battle from the blow he sustained, he reoriented himself and kept his flight stable before giving a glare at Rosso. Yet, he failed to notice Rosso was one step ahead of him; the Demon Knight lunged at Kevin, delivering a five-hit combo strike with his mirage swords he conjured by Bahamut, dealing powerful slashes.