"Oh my god, school was like, very unexciting today" ethan whines as he puts down plates and cutlery. His brother grins. "I've seen you with some boy multiple times today. It almost looked like you were insulting him" he says.

Ethan gasps. "Was that it!?" He exclaims. His brother chuckles silently and turns his head back to the television. His dad rises from his armchair. "Maybe he has finally made friends. He doesn't have any" he says.

Ethan rolls with his eyes as he settles down on the couch. "I did have friends" he says. His dad scoffs. "Yeah and they left you" he says.

Ethan crosses his arms. "Yes, but that's because they got popular. Its pathetic." He says. His brother snickers and stands up to get a coke from the fridge.

"I have officially decided what job I will do" ethan says. His father looks up. "Like what?" He asks. "I am gonna be detective. Like, be at crime scenes and stuff" he says. His dad scoffs once again and sits down.

Ethan looks at his dad, then at his brother. "Hey, did you hear that the murderer goes to our school?" His brother asks. Ethan looks at him. Eyebrow raised. "What?" He asks. His brother nods.

"He's in your class apparently, some boy with like, thick, black hair" he says. Ethan grins. "Oh you mean Aiden? He doesn't look like a murderer at all" he says. His brother scoffs. "And why is that? Because you have a lil' crush on him?" He asks.

Ethan pushes him. "NO! He hates me and all, but I think I'll be friends with him" he says. His dad looks up at the first sentence. "He's a murderer. Probably sadistic. And he hates you? This is looking bad for you then" he says.
Ethan rolls with his eyes. "Oh my god just focus on the positive things, alright?"

His brother scoffs and changes the channel. "Oh I fucking hate this" he moans. He changes it again and the news appears.

"We have looked back at the murder case of ***.."

His brother changes the channel again. Ethan groans and walks upstairs. To his room. He quickly types in the news channel on his laptop.
It has already ended. He groans and closes his laptop.

His father calls him downstairs to eat. He walks downstairs. He trips over the second last step. He yelps and lands on his ass. Embarrassing.
He quickly gets up and walks to the kitchen.

He enters the kitchen and sits down. "How's my little detective son doing?" His father asks, putting an arm around his shoulder. His brother snickers. He quickly glares at him.

"I'm doing okay. And just don't call me detective son" he says. Embarrassment shining.
His father crosses his arms and looks at his brother. "Aren't you gonna defend me?" He asks disappointed.

His brother grins. Ethan sighs and leans against the back of his chair. His father sits down in front of him and they eat in silence.